Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Do you really? Because if you actually knew it was a beta, you wouldn't be complaining about QA. Beta generally implies that there hasn't been QA, and that the software is not up to final quality. If you want final QA quality, wait for the final release. For now, complaining about the lack of QA is both unhelpful and inappropriate for a product in this release stage.
OK. I stop talking about QA.

But that makes it tricky on what we should report and what we should not report as bugs. What level "bug" should I ignore because they will obviously fix before final version?

I guess I need to find the beta software handbook for snarky users..

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by Greyghost View Post
I just got Modest running and it is now in the process of downloading howevermany hundreds (maybe thousands) of headers...
mmmh, a real imap client should download just enough headers to fill the screen, so is modest yet another pop client with imap support bolted in as an afterthought? (just asking, I'm still running os2007).

has anyone got it to notify you when a new email is received? I had it working yesterday and had the LED flash and the new mail indicator in the bottom left of screen. But today this is not working anymore

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
But that makes it tricky on what we should report and what we should not report as bugs. What level "bug" should I ignore because they will obviously fix before final version?
Good idea might be to list the known bugs/issues in release notes... then if someone finds a bug that is not mentioned there it should be reported as a new bug?

Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Good idea might be to list the known bugs/issues in release notes... then if someone finds a bug that is not mentioned there it should be reported as a new bug?
that sounds good. A list of what they are still working on would help us understand the level of completeness.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Coventry, UK
Originally Posted by sparkytt View Post
Excellent all seems to work well but cannot see images in html messages on gmail imap, just a box with red cross.

any ideas?
Bounce! Anyone?

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
I've been running the software for about a couple of weeks myself and there has been steady development going on. If you want more info about the development and where its going read these two links

http://djcbflux.blogspot.com/

http://www.igalia.com/nc/news/news_d...ash=27dcfe4beb

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
I had it working yesterday and had the LED flash and the new mail indicator in the bottom left of screen. But today this is not working anymore
I had an odd experience, blue flash to let me know that mails were waiting. Modest Mail only pulled in 1 and I had to use the built in app for the other 2.

Originally Posted by mrcrispin View Post
UW Alpine works on N800 and handles a 55,000 message mailbox quite well.
1. Is there a binary?
2. Without support for cached/offline folders in (al)pine, wouldn't the user be better served just logging into a remote host via ssh and running (al)pine there?

I love alpine btw. Thanks to you and yours up there in the treetops of UW.

Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
has anyone got it to notify you when a new email is received? I had it working yesterday and had the LED flash and the new mail indicator in the bottom left of screen. But today this is not working anymore
I figured out how to get the email notification to work again.

I CLOSED the application so that it was no longer running (so I thought)

Anyway, 20 minutes later I got the LED flash and notification at lower left. WTF?! What is still running after I close the app? It looks like it continues to check for emails!!

Anyone else see this?

Tags
mail modest