Active Topics

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
I would like the brightness levels the same as they were in OS2007.
maybe the N810 goes lower with the sensor, but the N800 needs one more lower setting.
There's a thread around discussing this. Fanoush has a patched kernel available that you can set the lower settings on (lower, even, than OS2007!).

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
There's a thread around discussing this. Fanoush has a patched kernel available that you can set the lower settings on (lower, even, than OS2007!).
I saw that. But I don't believe I am brave enough to patch a kernel. Am using FBReader with a black background and dark gray text for night time reading. So not a big deal.

I saw that. But I don't believe I am brave enough to patch a kernel. Am using FBReader with a black background and dark gray text for night time reading. So not a big deal.
You don't have to patch anything. Just download his kernel and flash it. It's almost as easy as normal flashing.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Wilmington, NC
I'm waiting for the word "beta" to disappear from the title.. I can wait a bit longer..

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
You don't have to patch anything. Just download his kernel and flash it. It's almost as easy as normal flashing.
hmm. I didn't realize that was possible. Thanks - I might give it a try. This will also be a chance to see how the new backup and restore works!

hmm. I didn't realize that was possible. Thanks - I might give it a try. This will also be a chance to see how the new backup and restore works!
Flashing the kernel is independent from the rootfs, so it's not going to wipe your settings.

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Montreal, Canada
Greetings:

I'm really looking forward for:

Canola
Flash capabilities for the webcam
Bluetooth HardDrive 20gigs.
Camera Apps that can record video

Regards Robert

Abiword, please...
Any Isilo reader
Evince

1 - Leafpad... because Maemopad doesn't wrap, Notes utility has been crashing (internal application error) and mangling/truncating/losing "formatted text" files, and PyGTK doesn't allow font choosing.

My eyes are really bad, so I need a simple text editor with selectable font.
Leafpad worked great for me on my 770, but won't install on the 810.

2 - sDict viewer (or ANY good German-English looker-upper!)

1) fix so you can type passwords on the full-screen keyboard. That was the most visible problem to me when I tested the system itself
2) general availability of apps. Most of the apps I use have been ported, but it's early yet. I admit I'll really miss Video Center; it was nice to be able to just click and download videos (and I rather liked Textra).
3) Removal of "beta" from the system. I'm really liking the N800 and though I'll test beta apps, I'm depending on it so much I'm loathe to put an untested system on it permanently.