Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
But good wine needs a good cellar to get better, and this community is exactly what it is for N900.

Its been 15 months since I got my N900 and I am more excited about it than ever!

I cannot thank enough all the devs and everyone else in the community who do their best to keep N900 at the top and exceeded our expectations.

Thank you very much guys, I hope you keep it up

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to zifis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 212 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2010 @ India
Thats exactly true.I love my N900 more than ever.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
If only the USB port was a little larger I could love it even more...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
i could not agree more . a big thank you from me too !

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Just a month ago, I was thinking of moving onto greener pastures (namely, Android). CSSU has really opened my eyes to what my N900 is capable of and more importantly, what this community is capable of.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
Couldn't agree more !

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It's true. I am holding my breath to see how long this can keep up, but the current N900 is indeed better than ever, and that is saying quite a bit.

If only there was a way to get the message out to the critics: Hey. It's time to take another look. The N900 is finally achieving a lot of its promise. It's mostly not due to Nokia, so you won't see a difference on a new N900 -- but the N900 community has picked up what Nokia dropped.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
It's true. I am holding my breath to see how long this can keep up, but the current N900 is indeed better than ever, and that is saying quite a bit.

If only there was a way to get the message out to the critics: Hey. It's time to take another look. The N900 is finally achieving a lot of its promise. It's mostly not due to Nokia, so you won't see a difference on a new N900 -- but the N900 community has picked up what Nokia dropped.
That's the only way things COULD get better. Nokia has been Maemo's (and any hardware device's) greatest roadblock to achieving its full potential (or even at least only just a far greater one than it has been under Nokia's control). Congrats on wrestling at least SOME control from the drunk drivers at the Maemo wheel. Now let's see what you can do with it.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

I feel sorry for those who sell their N900. They don't know what their missing. Im sure i won't be able to find another device that is much powerful like my N900.

BUT!

It won't be this great without this wonderful community for discovering the capabilities of this device for us. Cheers for us N900 users!

And a HUGE THANK YOU for the Community

The Following User Says Thank You to Garcel For This Useful Post:
Have to agree a few months ago I was thinking about purchasing one of the new dual core Android phones, after getting fed with the constant freezing etc but the CSSU and the various other developers have given the N900 a new lease of life.

There seems to me more new apps being released at any time since I owned my phone, we have had the Conversation modder/Someplayer/Webos app just to name a few in the last week or so.

You do wonder how good a phone this could of been with Nokia's full support when the CSSU team have made such progress when just working in their own spare time. I N950, running Meamo 6, without a keyboard could of probably easily outsold the N8.

PS Not sure what I will do if this community ever dies and I have to buy a phone without such great community support!!