http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...2&page=7&pp=25

For what it is worth.....Post by Swissboy....

THE REAL ONE THING
Let's get this cleared up. I have the news you have all been waiting for. Since I'm not under any stupid Apple NDA I can talk.

Apple Insider and Think Secret are all wrong. I can confirm 100% for you.

1.There is NO and I can confirm NO Powerbook or Powermac updates.
2.There is NO iPod video OR 5G iPod appearing.
3.No Airport express with video out.

The product is the unveiling of Apple's new internet tablet (whatever they call it I don't know). While us developers at Nokia have been hard at work on the 770 we have as developers seen Apple's device from their developers. Nokia has officially delayed our product the 770 to see the final offering from Apple and to make adjustments if need be. (i.e boost our performance with more ram on shipping so I am told and finish the touches on our software to support the bluetooth keyboard officially)

The Apple device itself will sport a 800x600 screen size (similar to ours) and will contain WIFI. It will have bluetooth to work with their cordless bluetooth keyboard and mouse (one up on our 770 internet tablet the mouse that is). The OS is a VERY stripped down version of OSX. Safari,Mail,iCal,iTunes,and iChat. These will be like widgets which is a good idea kinda like our hildon widgets.

It is a very good screen (same screen?). It is also a touch screen. It is not very big in size. It has NO HARDDRIVE but uses NAND flash memory. I think 512mb built in or other.

It has its own dock and lasts up to 4 hours on a charge. In comparison our 770 lasts 3. But Apple is known for overstating battery life.

We at Nokia await to see the new product. Apple will help us to make the internet tablet popular and sell in Europe with Nokia's offering.
------------------------------------------------------
This makes some sense. I hope this is the case...but I guess we will know for sure on Oct 12!!

Last edited by TripleNickle; 2005-10-10 at 21:22.

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Swissboy's comments in this and a few other posts contradict themselves, so maybe he's just trying to raise the 770's profile in a very heated forum. Or maybe theres's a video tablet coming from Apple and it has some capabilities similar to the 770's, although with a very different focus.

What doesn't ring true to me is the statement "Nokia has officially delayed our product the 770 to see the final offering from Apple and to make adjustments if need be. (i.e boost our performance with more ram on shipping so I am told."

To me, this feels like retro-fitting a known fact into a rumor to make it more plausible. In an earlier post, Swissboy says his information is from his friend at Apple, and here it's from seeing Apple's tablet at Nokia. I'd expect that anything seen there would be under NDA, so it seems this whole thing doesn't hold water.

Someone at macrumors said it, the whole site is rumors so that's the only wait to treat something like this with such insubstantial explanations.

Roger,

I will tell you 100% what "the one more thing is.." around 2pm EST Wed, Oct 12...I promise! LOL

Apple NetMac? I hate these rumors.

Come on, 10/12 already!

From my understanding, if a product has not been announced publically, the Apple dev's are probably under strict orders NOT to show the thing to anyone else. Although it is totally possible Nokia is "waiting" for Aplpe's announcement, but I doubt it is because they know what Apple's announcement is....

If Nokia is waiting, it's only to stay clear of whatever massive PR Apple will get if this is a video iPod. Right now, less than 24 hours from Announce, it looks like 2 iPods and 2 PBooks. *YAWN*

Really, the press will kick the crap out of Apple if that's all this is. Even with Madonna (or, I hope, *especially* because of Madonna!).

I agree... BIG yawn... if this is case but less than 24 hrs ago...

Ok, no Apple Tablets. The main competitor of the 770 this holiday season is only the Palm T|X I guess.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Northwich, Cheshire, UK
So lets hope that Nokia get their act together and get the 770 released really, really soon! - I'm sooo impatient!

I was hoping Apple would annouced a really sexy internet tablet, but guess not!

Am at Apple Store, hoping for a glimpse of the new goodies, but stuck at a Mac catching web updates for now.

Well, video on the iPod is interesting, and I'd really like to see a demo. But that screen seems rather anemic -- 2.5"? 240x320?

The big news is the deal with ABC to sell shows via ITMS. Jobs sh*ts on the MPAA this time. Jobs vs the RIAA and MPAA. Go Steve Go!

Now *this* is what Apple should have introed today, dammit --

http://www.pmpevent.com/

Same screen res too. Go figure!

http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/entry/11...iv_p1_portable

I'd also like to find out if this new iPod can play DiVXed and Xvided AVIs -- as well as conventional MPEG. Anyone know?