My newly acquired N810 now has an additional feature, the lead adaptor from the power leadstuck in the socket. Does anyone have any experience with this, and how to remove it? All advice and comments are welcome (barring the 'idiot' ones, as I am already more than chastising myself sufficiently).

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
n810 socket or wall socket? How did it get stuck?

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
tweezers? suction of some sort?

wow, you might actually short the tablet. I would really take it to a store if you don't know what you are doing!

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
if its stuck there it might have shortcutted and melted the plastic. Cut the electricity in the house then try to get it with a couple of pliers. if it doesn't come out, get an electricist. remember, whatever you do, cut the main power, or you risk getting yourself shocked. And don't try to charge the tablet, get it tested or get a new charger, just to be on the safe side.

My question of the day is how he managed to pull that off. :Q

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
dunno, an explanation and a photo would add to this topic nicely XD

I would return it to the store to try to get a refund =)

-K

Many thanks for all your replies so far, and apologies for not replying sooner (I have a 4 month old daughter). To explain further - the power adaptor plug sheared off as it was being inserted into the charger socket of the Nokia N810 (thankfully the power was off at the time), and thus is stuck inside the socket, with no way of charging the Tablet! I have been in touch with Nokia who are going to collect it from me, and see what they can do (replace or repair as necessary).

I'd suggest you try just pulling it out with tweezers, but I'll bet you already did.

Incidentally, I had a dirt-cheap Chinese charger break off in a tumble off my desk shortly after reading the OP; fortunately it broke off about 1/16" outside the socket, so I just pulled it out with my fingernails, plugged my Nokia charger in, and carried on.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Incidentally, I had a dirt-cheap Chinese charger break off in a tumble off my desk shortly after reading the OP
Well, at least this thread shows that a dirt cheap chinese charger is no worse than an expensive chine^H^H^H^Hnokia original charger

Tags
advice, cable, lead, n810, snapped