Notices

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
I would like a program to do pranks on WiFi, it would make the N900 pretend to be an access point (preferably with functionality to clone a nearby AP on demand) while connecting to that AP, and then it would intercept outgoing and incomming packets and do stuff with them before relaying to destinations, things like:

* turning webpages upside down

* mirroring images, making page text backwards and changing left aligned to right aligned and viceversa

* replacing page text with translation using some online autotranslator

* inserting typos on text sent (like on comments, sending email, IM etc)

* compatible with GreaseMonkey (letting you run GM scripts on pages)

and lots more, ideally it should have a plugin system to let people develop their own pranks.

I know somthing like this could be used for purposes less innocent than playfull pranks, i only want this to mess with friends but i believe that hardcoding any unecessary restriction would get in the way of developing some pranks.

Last edited by TiagoTiago; 2010-12-01 at 15:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Another day, another request? You need to go here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Categoryevelopment

(edit: cool - I can get a smiley in a link!)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
While innocent sounding enough, you're basically asking someone to automate a "man in the middle" attack. You could steal bank passwords, social security numbers, private corporate data, etc with this kind of tool.

I do not believe automating that kind of tool down to a point and click interface is very smart. Not saying it is illegal, just stupid. Kinda like leaving a loaded handgun in the front seat of your unlocked car. Not illegal, just highly likely to result in something bad where potentially innocent people get hurt.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to djs_tx For This Useful Post:
Do it yourself. The tools already exist. Maybe you should actually LEARN something and then apply it.

You lot are starting to get annoying.

is it against the forum rules to request programs?

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
The best prank ever:

Order my new sofa using my next door neighbours credit card details which I fished using this app.

Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
is it against the forum rules to request programs?
I said nothing about forum rules at all.

Nobody will make this application for you, of their own volition. Pay, and I'm sure it'll get done. Learn, and I'm sure it'll get done.

That's not a prank, that's illegal connection hijacking.

...well, I guess a prank can be anything these days.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I can understand why the author views this as pranking. Innocently applied, I think it is, well, just that. The illegality of man-in-the-middle stuff is probably not that set in stone, though I don't know what the legal grounds are for arresting people who do things like use other people's wifi, and what precedents are set in case law on the matter....

But I very strongly agree with djs_tx. It's bordering on morally irresponsible to create something this automatically capable of hijacking connections and man-in-the-middle-ing it.

Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
I said nothing about forum rules at all.

Nobody will make this application for you, of their own volition. Pay, and I'm sure it'll get done. Learn, and I'm sure it'll get done.
The world is not composed only of people that are 100% selfish you know?

Tags
douchebaggery