Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
Nokia store as a proper app this time not just a webpage
they even do a HTML5 browser test where it scores more than double than what IE9 desktop does and little less than desktop chrome
this is best video yet, even get to see a few bugs lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LphiR...e_gdata_player
That's a great video indeed.
Finally somebody shows a bit more of the apps.

Got a say that if there ever was a phone that would benefit from a dual core, it's this as on the N900 the multitasking is in the very core of the UI.
Because it seems lighter than Android when moving qround the UI, but as the multitasking is live and you get stuff like browser and maps at the same time +2 more lighter apps it gets noticebly slower.

I guess this one also needs some overclocking love to around 1.3ghz to make that couple of more apps.

Last edited by tissot; 2011-06-22 at 09:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Originally Posted by hayman View Post
Hallo,
What about build in skype,sip,google talk.......
Of we get these as app..........?the build in in n900 is just great one contact with more call option like sip skype google.
From http://swipe.nokia.com/applications/ :

"Make free Skype-to-Skype voice calls over 3G* or WiFi with Skype preloaded on Nokia N9. It’s quick and easy to make a call or start instant messaging – Skype integrates seamlessly with Contacts, Messaging and Phone."

"Facebook for Nokia N9 lets you keep up with your friends right at your fingertips. Update your status, see what your friends are up to, upload photos and check messages – anytime, anywhere. Facebook integrates seamlessly into the Events view as well as Messaging and Contacts, you can check out friends’ wall posts and updates quickly and easily."

From: http://europe.nokia.com/find-product...specifications

"Chat instant messaging support: Facebook, Skype, Gtalk, and services using sip"

"Contacts application combines phone and online contacts together, such as Skype and Facebook. Automatic and manual contact merging."

Maybe you should try reading the readily available information first?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to buchanmilne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
We haven't even *tried* to look at how we can customize the UI or the keyboard or anything else yet. Thanks to Apple we don't really need flash either. ugh. No point trying to convince some of you, already made up your mind based on some prototype shots of the UI and some crazy expectations of a phone that has support lasting into the next decade even though you will want a new one in 2 years...
It's been confirmed that the N9 UI is closed and this is a community which desires open source. So there you have what I think is fair to say an understandable amount of disappointment. Yes, open source software has the advantage over closed software that it cannot as easily be taken away or rendered obsolete and can last for years. Yes, we want that.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by judibet View Post
So, the N9 is very design but... Have only the design in more!

Where is the F.M. transmitter?
There are indications the N9 may have FM transmitter and receiver hardware. Maybe the software isn't complete ...

Where is the IM integration on contacts?
From: http://europe.nokia.com/find-product...specifications

"Contacts application combines phone and online contacts together, such as Skype and Facebook. Automatic and manual contact merging."

Does this provide what you want, or can you describe what it doesn't do that you need?

Where is the full flash support?
Just because it wasn't advertised at announcement doesn't mean it won't be available ... but personally I think if Adobe wants to remain in a leading position in creating web content, *they* need to come to the party, and stop holding handset manufacturers to ransom (which they don't do on PCs). Otherwise, people should move on to standards-based content that is not controlled by a single vendor.

For me, Nokia is norrow minded !
Maybe most people will like the N9 but all Linux fans and N900's fan will prefer Android...
If you are just a fan of the Linux kernel and the davlik VM, maybe you prefer Android. I like the normal Linux ecosystem more, and I prefer vendor neutral platforms, rather than ones controlled by a single company.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buchanmilne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Karachi
Hey, theres bin a lot of chatter on this thread about the harmattan ui/ux, but i was hoping some of you who have developed a lot for Fremantle (or its prior incarnations) could take a look at this developer-pr thing from nokia about their swipe ux and tell the non-coding crowd like me (um, am i a minority on this forum?) how expandable/modifiable the phone software is...from what you can tell, at least...

I don't know much about developing/coding etc but i know what i want: my gmail/skype/msn/fb contacts in one place, my im/sms'es in one place, and multiple email accounts etc. I'm a bit old-school in that im not much of an app guy, except maybe the clock :P

But i like the customizability of the n900's os.

As long as somebody puts together a powerkernel, a swappolube, an fcam, a cutetube-qml, a filebox/any other kickass file manager, ill be happy enough to jump for this phone.

What i will miss very dearly is the hardware kb.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uhbhatti88 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by keflex View Post
Your opinion might not matter, but that doesn't make it any less narrow-minded, ill-informed, and just all-around wrong.
Look man, I respect you have no respect for my opinions.

However, I don't respect that you can't respect people who don't respect your opinions. And then make them seem like facts when they're not.

There is no wrong here. Ok?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zlatokosi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
I expect the ability to organise/group my apps. i.e. folders or short cuts on different desktops on maemo.

That iphone like screen with TONS of square icons just staring you in the face is messy, unorganised and a timewaster.
The N900's menu was EXACTLY like this before the kind developers of Maemo made Catorise, ApFoMe and MyMenu :P

So this will be editable, someone will make a catorise or ApFoMe clone for the N9

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by uhbhatti88 View Post

I don't know much about developing/coding etc but i know what i want: my gmail/skype/msn/fb contacts in one place, my im/sms'es in one place, and multiple email accounts etc.
All this is there, covered in the available material from Nokia. Please, go read it if you haven't.

As long as somebody puts together a powerkernel, a swappolube,
These shouldn't be necessary anyway, otherwise the hardware is inadequate, which it doesn't seem to be based on the videos people have put up so far.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buchanmilne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
just saw the N950 - I want!

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
The N900's menu was EXACTLY like this before the kind developers of Maemo made Catorise, ApFoMe and MyMenu :P

So this will be editable, someone will make a catorise or ApFoMe clone for the N9
Well, the N900 did have this thing called desktops at launch.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????