Notices

Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
it would be nice feature to have "new notifications" widget and also, if unlock dock would be slightly more customisable + changing wallpaper that would be pretty nice

The Following User Says Thank You to wook_sf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 344 | Thanked: 1,345 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Paris, FR
Originally Posted by wook_sf View Post
it would be nice feature to have "new notifications" widget and also, if unlock dock would be slightly more customisable + changing wallpaper that would be pretty nice
Notifications widgets is on the work. Not really at the moment. Will have to wait for 1.0.X.

What do you want to customize on slide to unlock ? The purpose of this dock is to mimic apple (and to be sued ? ) I can write other docks that can be more customizable if you want.

Changing wallpaper can already be done, but will be done in a friendly manner on >= 1.0b2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
If you ask me it would be better to mimic nokia than apple: lose the slide to unlock and make it unlock when swiping from edge. This would be more consistent with harmattan and allow more space for widgets.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
If you ask me it would be better to mimic nokia than apple: lose the slide to unlock and make it unlock when swiping from edge. This would be more consistent with harmattan and allow more space for widgets.
The grey bar will have this purpose. And if you don't like the slide to unlock, don't use it.

Originally Posted by Sfiet_Konstantin View Post
Notifications widgets is on the work. Not really at the moment. Will have to wait for 1.0.X.

What do you want to customize on slide to unlock ? The purpose of this dock is to mimic apple (and to be sued ? ) I can write other docks that can be more customizable if you want.

Changing wallpaper can already be done, but will be done in a friendly manner on >= 1.0b2
great, looking forward that widget

well, i really dislike apple and i don't see anything good in it... did you saw unlock screen on belle? i think it's best one so far that would be really really awesome

yes, i know it can be done but not trough official ui...that's what i was referring to

i think that lock screen should be separate window from widgets screen and lock screen should be hidden when device gets unlocked
also, do you think you can implement running apps list?
also 2, it would be nice if there would be widget like shortcut, but shortcut to execute .sh script so we can write some widgets like flash on/off or something like that based on that initial widget

Originally Posted by Sfiet_Konstantin View Post
The grey bar will have this purpose. And if you don't like the slide to unlock, don't use it.
currently using it like that

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
well... it's not called iPhone theme for nothing.... Don't select the iPhone theme if you don't like that

Maybe he could make a Harmattan theme ?

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
well... it's not called iPhone theme for nothing.... Don't select the iPhone theme if you don't like that

Maybe he could make a Harmattan theme ?
I think that I'm gonna make something more KDE-ish, to go with the KDE clock

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland/Zurich
This is sweet! If it develops enough, I think one could use this to do everything and really seldomly get back to the "real" homescreen :P
One thing though - I don't know if this is only my experience - when I run a preview of the widget canvas, it works rally smoothly, but when I get to the canvas when it actually operates, it seems to shutter and less fast in general - do you know why that might be?

Originally Posted by don.edri View Post
This is sweet! If it develops enough, I think one could use this to do everything and really seldomly get back to the "real" homescreen :P
One thing though - I don't know if this is only my experience - when I run a preview of the widget canvas, it works rally smoothly, but when I get to the canvas when it actually operates, it seems to shutter and less fast in general - do you know why that might be?
Caught in the act not reading the release note and FAQ (blog post) !