Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by chill View Post
Request: National AC.
I gotta say, I am just coming up blank on National AC IR code info. Sorry about that...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Can anybody enlighten me about, which button/setting does the equivalent job of pressing the "SmartHub" button on a Samsung Smart TV's remote ?

Last edited by GizmoSmith; 2015-11-22 at 15:49.

Originally Posted by GizmoSmith View Post
Can anybody enlighten me about, which button/setting does the equivalent job of pressing the "SmartHub" button on a Samsung Smart TV's remote ?
http://www.dognmonkey.com/techs/wp-c...m_netflix1.jpg
Ah, unfortunately, I don't have that key mapped to anything yet. Let me go ahead and create an update for it; I should be able to squeeze it into the UI somewhere...

Ok, version 1.1.46 of Pierogi is now making its way up to extras-devel. This one includes buttons for the "Smart Hub" feature on Samsung TVs, as well as the "Energy Saver" feature found on several brands (something I was trying to squeeze into the UI a while back). I've placed these into the "TV" panel, by removing a few more Teletext buttons. (At some point, I'm just going to remove the last few teletext buttons and create a separate panel for them, assuming anybody still uses teletext for anything...) I'll append a screenshot at the end of this post. Please shoot me a note if these buttons don't work (or any other problems crop up)! Thanks.
Attached Images

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Would be happy to see Teletext disappear to a different menu.
Nice to see Energy Saver Button will be handy on my LG.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Would be happy to see Teletext disappear to a different menu.
Nice to see Energy Saver Button will be handy on my LG.
Any opinions on what other buttons you'd like to see? (Or, I could just rearrange things a bit to give the buttons on the TV panel a bit more space...)

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Any opinions on what other buttons you'd like to see? (Or, I could just rearrange things a bit to give the buttons on the TV panel a bit more space...)
Actually, since you've talked about it, I have an ancient Thompson sat receiver that works great with pierogi's Motorola Sky Digital keyset wich lacks the + (plus) key and therefore I can't change the subtitles or soundtrack language.
PS: funny enough, the pierogi's Thompson's keysets don't work at all with that box.

The Following User Says Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by saponga View Post
Actually, since you've talked about it, I have an ancient Thompson sat receiver that works great with pierogi's Motorola Sky Digital keyset wich lacks the + (plus) key and therefore I can't change the subtitles or soundtrack language.
You know, I have the value for the "plus" key (as well as a "question" key and an "interactive" key), but I haven't assigned them to any buttons because I didn't know what they were used for.

I'm guessing that "plus" should be mapped to the "Menu" key, right? It seems like a command that brings up a menu of options. I could perhaps map the "question" key to the "Info" button, if that makes sense. (I really don't know what "interactive" does...)

And yeah, it looks like the Sky Digital boxes are all manufactured to use the same remote controls, so one should work as well as another. I'll have to see if I've got any other Sky Digital keysets sitting in Pierogi, maybe I could just merge them together...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post

I'm guessing that "plus" should be mapped to the "Menu" key, right? It seems like a command that brings up a menu of options. I could perhaps map the "question" key to the "Info" button, if that makes sense. (I really don't know what "interactive" does...)
Question mark is more like a "help" or, in some other context menus, a "search". But what if you just map is as a... "?" ? And plus is another joker key. Sometimes it shows a sinopsis and another it shows the disponible subtitles languages. Again, I think that mapping it as a plus sign is fine.

And yeah, it looks like the Sky Digital boxes are all manufactured to use the same remote controls, so one should work as well as another. I'll have to see if I've got any other Sky Digital keysets sitting in Pierogi, maybe I could just merge them together...
Sounds good!!! Thank you very much.

The Following User Says Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by saponga View Post
Question mark is more like a "help" or, in some other context menus, a "search". But what if you just map is as a... "?" ? And plus is another joker key. Sometimes it shows a sinopsis and another it shows the disponible subtitles languages. Again, I think that mapping it as a plus sign is fine.
Ah, well, the thing is that I'm trying to make Pierogi a "universal" remote control; so, I want commands that do the same thing on different devices to all be mapped to a single Pierogi key, if at all possible. So, I'd like to figure out exactly what each command does.

I've searched the net high and low, but I just can't come up with a manual for the Motorola DTH320 (which is the device being used for the "Motorola Sky Digital Keyset", although I think there are other Motorola Sky Digital keysets out there). Can you give me the model number for your Thompson receiver?

If these commands are completely unique to the Sky Digital receiver, I can still enter them that way, but I'll probably have to push them off onto some special panel just for this device...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control