Posts: 116 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeds, UK
But the reduction in quality isn't noticeable on that size of screen. Its like me watching a 8gb bluray rip on it, and a 2 gb reformatting done with the right settings. The human eye can not tell the difference on a screen so small. It just seems utterly pointless.

I wonder if it's possible to re-format to NTFS? That way Windows could still read it without having to install anything additional to a Windows computer.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by Luke Valentine View Post
But the reduction in quality isn't noticeable on that size of screen. Its like me watching a 8gb bluray rip on it, and a 2 gb reformatting done with the right settings. The human eye can not tell the difference on a screen so small. It just seems utterly pointless.
Don't get me into that debate because its a no-win.

Basically, saying "you can't tell the difference" is like me saying "but EVERYONE should use an 8px font on their N900, they CAN read it".

Everyones eyesight is different so claiming "you can't tell the difference" is an oxy***** because I just might be able to. Plus that is before you consider the hassle of transcoding with odd sync issues and the time spent doing it. I know I NEVER watch movies on portable devices, simply because I would not know in advance which movie I might want to watch and so its not transcoded ready for me.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ washington
I think Nokia and Maemo team could think about this problem if they want develop N900 to become the best multimedia phone with huge capacity storage like this