Notices

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
A temporary plug for a temporary hole. Simple Tracker-wide search (not system wide since by default Tracker only indexes /home/user/MyDocs and /media/mmc1). I basically got Tracker-search-tool which is lately written in Genie, converted it to Vala, replaced the SparQL queries (in 0.7) with the old RDF ones (0.6, which we have) and severely butchered and hildonized the interface. The result is silently sitting in Extras-devel for the brave to try (and to disable your Extras-devel after that ). Its called Search Tool.

Please don't blame me if your tablet explodes and kills your dog. I'm not responsible for that... (but I have a plan)

Some catches:
  • Open with... uses content-type of the file to detect its possible recipients, I'm almost sure Gweled can't handle text/plain
  • Folders unfortunately can't be opened in File Manager because of a bug that will be fixed probably after Fremantle The tool however helpfully opens the said File Manager for you to navigate further
  • I didn't test everything, probably most of it doesn't work, feel free to spot some bugs and vote for features (though I already know what you will vote for ).

Mandatory screens:

The package is optified, approximately 100k installed and 50k download.

Have phun.

Last edited by Bundyo; 2010-02-11 at 10:40.

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Thanks! I've been using this for a couple of days now... works great. )

Old file manager bugs that will only be fixed after fremantle really annoy me! grr!!!

Originally Posted by MartinNZ View Post
Thanks! I've been using this for a couple of days now... works great. )

Old file manager bugs that will only be fixed after fremantle really annoy me! grr!!!
Maybe I've been wrong about how old the bug is, however it seems to exist in Maemo 5 from the start, but never reported since. I've filed it, please vote for bug 8987.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Maybe I've been wrong about how old the bug is, however it seems to exist in Maemo 5 from the start, but never reported since. I've filed it, please vote for bug 8987.
In Maemo 4, it would refuse to go to the folder (rather going to the folder above it) instead of crashing.

Oh, if you ever feel like the clear button in the HildonEntry has a place, I butchered SexyIconEntry in the Transmission sources to make it use HildonEntry instead. (Although, Map Buddy has a slightly improved version of the butchered Transmission one...)

Last edited by qwerty12; 2010-02-11 at 11:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Thanks,Bundyo.

I thought it would help me search on additional fields in the contact info, other than name and surname.It does not seem to search i contacts at all.Am I missing something?

Yes, I couldn't get Tracker to search in contacts.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Don't forget the Link to find the application easily, not only on the device: search tool

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 84 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Tricase, Lecce (ITA)
I think this GUI, is better

@Bundyo

If I do a tracker-search from xterm, it shows the the following services.
Documents
Emails
EmailAttachements
Music
Images
Videos
Text
Development
Applications
Conversations
Folders
Files

In the search tool you dont have
Emails
EmailAttachments
Development

Any reason? otherwise a useful app

These categories return nothing unfortunately.