hi

ok so now that i've got tuxpaint working the next drawing programme to get is the gimp, i have searched and even managed to download a version to a n800, but it did not work? so can anyone point me in the right direction to a url to download the gimp for a n810 or a n800?

thanks

ddw

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm releasing a new Easy Debian version very soon that will have the Gimp included. It should all work, including pressure sensitivity

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
I installed GIMP via the Debian app manager and it works great -- albeit very, very slow.

I suggest installing MyPaint, which is awesome.

Tim

The Following User Says Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Yeah, 'cept for the connector lines between strokes...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
i don't know what the Debian app manager is, i have searched but notunderstanding i still don't understand, do you understand?

Moshing:
Click the little Easy Debian link in his signature to learn more.

The Following User Says Thank You to codeMonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by moshing View Post
i don't know what the Debian app manager is, i have searched but notunderstanding i still don't understand, do you understand?
Debian has an application (package) manager -- much like the one in Maemo -- called, Synaptic Application Manager. Read about package managers here. If you have installed Debian on your tablet (especially Easy Debian), Synaptic is accessible via your applications menu.

Tim

The Following User Says Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
i'm saving it now [easy debiam] i hope it dose not break my tablet and loose all my data

ok i installed easy-deb-chroot-0.6-2_armel.deb and itsaid it installed it.... now how do i get the gimp installed? timsamoff, qole help

Originally Posted by moshing View Post
ok i installed easy-deb-chroot-0.6-2_armel.deb and itsaid it installed it.... now how do i get the gimp installed? timsamoff, qole help
If you didn't do it already, run the "Debian Image Installer" in your Extras menu to finish the chroot installation. Then run the Synaptic Package Manager in your Extras menu, find Gimp in the list, and install it. Until you create a launcher for it, you'll have to run Gimp from the Debian chroot terminal (also in the Extras menu).

Just keep in mind that large Debian applications start up and run very slow on the tablet. I haven't installed Gimp, but I assume that it won't be very speedy.
PC #1 - HP dv2000 Laptop - Ubuntu 9.10
PC #2 - Ubuntu 9.10
PC #3 - Ubuntu 8.04/Windoze XP dual boot
Nokia N800 internet tablet - OS2008 Diablo dual boot to SD - 4gb internal + 2gb external SD cards

Last edited by possessedskier; 2008-09-15 at 12:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to possessedskier For This Useful Post: