Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Yes, hybris-hal finished without errors. But hadn't the time to create the configs. Maybe later or tommorow.
Well done! I am happy for your progress.

For me it is interesting because all (kernel, hybris-hal, packaging, build) finished without error but my image (3rd one) still stuck on the logo. (I just installed and checked with trying to start the phone but haven't got the chance to check whether I can telnet into the last one because I fell asleep.)
Probably there was(were) problem(s) otherwise it would start normally, but I expect the image to boot up if all steps in hadk completes without error. Well, as somebody said to me, porting isn't an easy task.

@edp17

If you could uüpload a few files from your buil, i'd like to setup a test repo in my OBS account to check if the OTA bug is also gone.

If everything is fine, we'll ask for your own OBS account.
@mautz
I know you are busy with your cm14.1 port but I appreciated if you could let me know when your are going to set the mentioned test repo up in your OBS. And what files you need from me. Thank you.
(Don't want to urge you at all, I just asked.)

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
@edp17

These are the files i need, i hope i didn't forgot anything.

Code:
audioflingerglue-xxxx.armv7hl.rpm	
audioflingerglue-devel-xxxx.noarch.rpm		
droid-hal-hammerhead-xxxx.armv7hl.rpm
droid-hal-hammerhead-devel-xxxx.armv7hl.rpm	
droid-hal-hammerhead-img-boot-xxxx.armv7hl.rpm	
droid-hal-hammerhead-img-recovery-xxxx.armv7hl.rpm	
droid-hal-hammerhead-kernel-xxxx.armv7hl.rpm	7.34 MB	
droid-hal-hammerhead-kernel-modules-xxxx.armv7hl.rpm	
droid-hal-hammerhead-kernel-modules-xxxx.armv7hl.rpm	
droid-hal-hammerhead-tools-xxxx.armv7hl.rpm
droidmedia-xxxx.armv7hl.rpm	
droidmedia-devel-xxxx.noarch.rpm

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
@edp17

These are the files i need, i hope i didn't forgot anything.
I have sent a PM. Thank you for trying this for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
I have sent a PM. Thank you for trying this for me.
Thanks!

Do you have a package called droid-hal-hammerhead-users on your system? Should be in your local repo folder. Could you upload it please?

Thanks!

Do you have a package called droid-hal-hammerhead-users on your system? Should be in your local repo folder. Could you upload it please?
Sorry, I was away on a family event. PM has sent.

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much!

If you want to test, here are the repos:

Code:
adaptation-community-common 
http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/devel:/hw:/common/sailfish_latest_armv7hl/

adaptation-community-hammerhead
http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:/mautz:/cm12.1/sailfish_latest_armv7hl/

Last edited by mautz; 2019-12-15 at 20:18.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
I am sure you can install a mainline kernel on the Nexus 5. Maybe that is challenging maybe not but is possible.
But if we don't use android base, Sailfish cannot communicate with the hardware.
However writing drivers are possible too, but you need to write every single one of them and there are no documentation because those are proprietary.
The guys at Replicant are rewriting android drivers but they do support only a handful of devices and not all drivers they were able to reverse engineer. Plus, I use that Replicant 6 (Android 6 equivalent) on my Galaxy S2-i9100 but there are lots of 'the app stopped' error and some apps doesn't start or immediately ends. In my personal opinion the OS is usable, but Sailfish is better. (I hope soon can start working on this port too .)
Here this project is using latest linux kernel on Nexus 5.X It does not use any android parts of the system. It's an amzing project but it does not work well enough for daily driver YET. That's real desktop linux for phone. https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/G...(lg-hammerhead)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by matemana View Post
Here this project is using latest linux kernel on Nexus 5.X It does not use any android parts of the system. It's an amzing project but it does not work well enough for daily driver YET. That's real desktop linux for phone. https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/G...(lg-hammerhead)
Hi matemana, good to see you here again. From my other account I sent you a pm on xda about a month ago. I am not sure you have seen that.

Unfortunately the PMOS doesn't work with multirom. (I have tried to extract the kernel, rootfs and other stuff then extract the rootfs. At the end it didn't boot and I just messed up my Sailfish rom that I used for this experiment. )
Then I have tried PMOS (xfce4) on my S2 (i9100) but didn't really work too much in there. Probably the Nexus 5 development is more advanced but as it doesn't work with multirom...

Edit: The link is broken in your post. (The closure ) is missing.) Here is the good one: PMOS for hammerhead

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much!

https://s19.directupload.net/images/...p/2dxxioae.png

If you want to test, here are the repos:

Code:
adaptation-community-common 

Are you sure this adaptation-community-common shouldn't be adaptation-community-common-hammerhead?

(Previously we have added two repos: adaptation-community-hammerhead and adaptation-community-common-hammerhead)
Thanks.

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid