I have N770 running OS2008HE with maemo mapper, flite installed. I also have a blue tooth GPS receiver. I am able to track my movements but I have not figured a way to get directions/ audio working.

If you could help me with the instructions on how to go about getting directions/ audio that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Update: flite is in the path. If I open xterm and type flite "hello world" i can hear the voice if i have my headsets on. However, no audio can be heard if the headsets are not plugged in. I have the audio volume turned to the max. The audio itself seems "mono" - can hear it only on one side with the headset. I figured the directions bit (using the GPS driving directions webservice). All that is missing is the sound from my flite/ n770 with no headsets

Last edited by shikarishambu; 2008-08-04 at 00:32.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
You need to download the route with a wifi/ cell connection to get voice i guess.

I have the route downloaded. The problem I have with flite is I can't hear anything unless I have the headset (now, I know that sounds weird)

In XTerm if I type - flite "This is a test" I can hear it if I have a headset. Without headset I hear nothing even when the volume is turned all the way up.

Yes the speaker(s) on my N770 are working fine - I can listen to radio etc... w/o headset.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Edmonton, AB, Canada
It is not a problem with Maemo Mapper or Flite but rather a well known issue with OS2008HE (the speaker volume is very low, supposedly because it is expecting stereo speakers and there is only one). In my case, installing ogg-support seemed to increase the speaker volume for some applications (Maemo SID comes to mind), but it does not seem to make a change for flite.

I would be interested to know if you find a workaround for flite...

The Following User Says Thank You to pablob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pablob View Post
It is not a problem with Maemo Mapper or Flite but rather a well known issue with OS2008HE (the speaker volume is very low, supposedly because it is expecting stereo speakers and there is only one). In my case, installing ogg-support seemed to increase the speaker volume for some applications (Maemo SID comes to mind), but it does not seem to make a change for flite.

I would be interested to know if you find a workaround for flite...
Installed mogg but that did not seem to make any difference. Tried ogg-support too. Same story