Hi, I saw a similar thread (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38261) but I still don't know how to connect to the internet using my usb cable through windows. I am familiar with ms dos commands but with x terminal I am very noob. If someone can explain me how to do this........

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Get the dun app on your N900, start pc suite on your computer, connect your N900 via USB, on your N900 screen connect to the internet, now on pc suite click the icon "connect to internet."
This is called tethering and I do it everyday when I get home as I just moved in to a new place, I even play wow on ATT EDGE.

Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Get the dun app on your N900, start pc suite on your computer, connect your N900 via USB, on your N900 screen connect to the internet, now on pc suite click the icon "connect to internet."
This is called tethering and I do it everyday when I get home as I just moved in to a new place, I even play wow on ATT EDGE.

what about doing it the other way around? i mean getting access to the internet on your phone using your pc's connection

I think I was not very clear there, I want to have internet on my n900 from my PC, I still did not figure it out how to do it

Use WiFi if you have dsl or cable

believe me I don't know how to do that, I'm a noob....

side note, you can hook it up via usb and have it dial *99# to access phone for connection

Originally Posted by cheeze[it] View Post
side note, you can hook it up via usb and have it dial *99# to access phone for connection
That is for connecting the pc to the internet through n900, not the other way

1. Go to your Settings - Internet connections click and follow what it says to create NEW connection it will start scanning for internet avalable in the area. If you have any it will show then save it all.
2. Or pick from the top of you desktop upper left corner (under time sign) by clicking internet connection it will scan and show all what is avalable. So choose one and you good to go obviously the one with better signal. But be carreful not to pick your phone service provider if you dont have webplan!!! I dont know but it may connect you and will cost you alot ))
You can try anytime to search for free wifi spot wherever you are.

Originally Posted by ed00 View Post
1. Go to your Settings - Internet connections click and follow what it says to create NEW connection it will start scanning for internet avalable in the area. If you have any it will show then save it all.
2. Or pick from the top of you desktop upper left corner (under time sign) by clicking internet connection it will scan and show all what is avalable. So choose one and you good to go obviously the one with better signal. But be carreful not to pick your phone service provider if you dont have webplan!!! I dont know but it may connect you and will cost you alot ))
You can try anytime to search for free wifi spot wherever you are.
That doesen't work either