Active Topics

Notices

I've had a look at the GUI file and came to a similar conclusion, probably needs compiling to make it usable.

Instinctiv was a brilliant (IMO) mediaplayer app, nice interface too instinctiv. The guys were hammerin' and bangin' away, we were throwing all sorts of ideas at them, which were earmarked for inclusion. Then they [Instinctiv's deves] got an email from Nokia telling them to cease development on it. No proper explanation was given, just something to the gist that Nokia didn't want them wasting their time and effort.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
I have also bought stellarium mobile, and I want to reflash my device,
since it is licensed under GPL, could anyone please send me the .deb?

Would be much appreciated,

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Hampshire,UK
@stickymick
didnt notice that in post - was annoyed to have lost the app. am getting used to it - not as easy to use.

the work needed is way beyond me is there someone out there that can ?

can I had my name to the dbrodie list

There are now two versions of stellariun mobile in the ovi-store, One is not avaiable for download and in the other it says that there is includet an update of the device (13 Mb). Someone knows if there is a difference between the version before and what that update is?

Originally Posted by delmar View Post
There are now two versions of stellariun mobile in the ovi-store, One is not avaiable for download and in the other it says that there is includet an update of the device (13 Mb). Someone knows if there is a difference between the version before and what that update is?
Well it's obviously an update. You can always do a bit of version checking on the Stellarium Mobile website.

If you've already downloaded it and paid for it you may be able to do so again or if you've still got it, just download it and install over the top of the old one. It should auto-update.

If it doesn't then contact the Author.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
just been emailed this by Fabien Chereau

http://store.ovi.com/content/91577

The Following User Says Thank You to rob42 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rob42 View Post
just been emailed this by Fabien Chereau

http://store.ovi.com/content/91577
I already paid and downloaded this application... Why is it not showing up in "My Stuff", and why do I have to pay to download it again?

The Following User Says Thank You to xur17 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
I bought this from the ovi store and just got a new device, can't seem to get it from Ovi without paying for it again.

Does anyone know if there's a way to download it again or get the .deb as i already paid for it?

I emailed Ovi store with purchase info
( mysuff - account, while logged in )
said had to flash due to error - was given 24 hour download window

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Couple weeks back I finished building my 16" reflector Dobsonian telescope. I'm looking for a suitable astronomy applications for my PC and N900.

I got orrey installed and working but also want to try the Stellarium Mobile. When I try to download it from Ovi store my phone doesn't even load the Ovi store main page. When I sent direct link from my PC via SMS, the linked Ovi store page says "Nokia Store is not available for your device." It seems that only way to install this app to my N900 is to get the deb from somewhere else than Ovi store? Or do someone know what I'm doing wrong or if there is a better workaround?

If I get it installed and if I like it I'm happy to donate the full $3 to the developer. If the developer is still reading this thread you should look other alternatives than Ovi store to distribute your program.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:

Tags
gpl pirate :)