Closed Thread
I agree - no rush. Do you propose to postpone sending it out until we get more questions? I don't think there is a problem with sending them in batches. The list is quite long as is. Making it even longer will burden Jolla to review it all at once.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Batches may be a good idea, we could stick to the same date (or close) for the 1st batch, Jolla/Sailfish is prolly more likely to answer stuff in "dribs & drabs", what does everyone else think.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Batches may be a good idea, we could stick to the same date (or close) for the 1st batch, Jolla/Sailfish is prolly more likely to answer stuff in "dribs & drabs", what does everyone else think.
1 batch = 1 page of the doc and we can send 1 page per week. It will be easier to track q&a this way, i think
Barnabas Collins

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
IMO sort out the most important questions and send them those first...

Honestly, reading thru the doc there are some questions that are not really that important to be answered like now so those can go in the later batches...1 page or not I don't know; maybe 10 questions per batch?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Send everything. They answer what they want and if we send everything we might get more answers, plus who has the right to decided what questions are most important. Leave that to jolla.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Here's my little idea about solving a jollas ui problem of being able to display only limited number (4-9) of currently running apps when minimized.

I came up with an idea of combining these two screens of a n9 ui - launcher icons screen and minimized apps screen. They essentially are the same - both display an app on its various states of activity, be it closed or unactive or running on background or even stalled.

Thats it, then there will be more room to dedicated swipable views for system status or widgets and feeds. I hope Jollas developers consider this.

To me implementing it seems more of a graphic design problem of how to fit together apps icons along with bigger (and live) minimized applications tiles.

Last edited by veeall; 2012-11-25 at 18:00.

CDE has that "minimize to desktop" idea.

I don't pretend to be first ever to thought about this, just jollas vertically swipable screens instead of n9s horizontally swipable screens, to me seem like ugly compromise due to some probable software patent issue with copying nokias meego ui too closely.

Making apps icons at launcher screen to morph into live tiles when app is running should solve this, just my 2 cents.

The Following User Says Thank You to veeall For This Useful Post:
Posts: 344 | Thanked: 1,345 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Paris, FR
Please note that Sailfish UI components sources might be released in a close future (matter of weeks). We heard it at Slush from several sources.

Please confirm qwazix

The Following User Says Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
So far the last info on that was: "UI licensing is still under discussion". So let's wait for the official update on that before speculating.

Closed Thread

Tags
jolla, nokia-again?, not-so-open, totally closed, zipper is open