Notices

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Hi,

I know this is probably something simple, but I was wondering how to change the icons in the taskbar? Something similar to http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=5014

I have searched the wiki, maemo.org, the package listings and here, and have not been able to find how to change them.

How do you change them?

Thanks,
--vr

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Those are 'themes' I believe, if that helps your searching.

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Those are 'themes' I believe, if that helps your searching.
None of the themes I have tried have changed the toolbar icons. I've tried all of the default ones, plus Titan and Nuveau Pearl...None of them ever changed the icons for battery, wireless etc...

I am currently running Plankton.

--vr

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Illinois
All those screenshots are from os2007. That's why the taskbar looks so different. You can download something such as advanced backlight applet and go to control panel»panels to move the icons around.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by VulcanRidr View Post
None of the themes I have tried have changed the toolbar icons. I've tried all of the default ones, plus Titan and Nuveau Pearl...None of them ever changed the icons for battery, wireless etc...

I am currently running Plankton.

--vr
Interesting! I appear to be having the same problem. I even rebooted after the change to a new theme.

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Wichita, KS
None of those themes are supposed to change the toolbar icons. try LCARS.

EDIT: oops. the link in that thread is bad. let me try to find one that works... ok. maybe the server with LCARS is just down temporarily. regardless, i can assure you that the built-in themes and titan and nuvo don't change the toolbar icons. just try a different theme and see what happens.

Last edited by jmjanzen; 2009-03-24 at 18:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to jmjanzen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by blowfish23 View Post
All those screenshots are from os2007. That's why the taskbar looks so different. You can download something such as advanced backlight applet and go to control panel»panels to move the icons around.
Hmmm. Wonder why they would have gone from some fairly nice looking icons to the ones that ship with OS2008, which look very basic.

--vr

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
The sidebar icons are themable, its just that the default themes don't change that. If you make your own theme with the theme maker you can change those icons. In my custom theme, I replaced the Web Globe with a Firefox icon, and changed the Applications button to a icon of a transmission gear.
http://www.internettablettalk.com/wi...se_Theme_Maker

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
You can remove and add in 'Panels'. I know this is possible. For example, one could install MiniGPSD and then use the icon on the left tray instead of -for example- Contacts.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
what are you wanting the statusbar icons to look like, if you have ideas of what you want, i can probably make them and give you instructions on how to change them