Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Thank you juiceme and t-b. I accept the nomination.

Originally Posted by t-b View Post
It might be good to have some more technical members in the council, the members that are getting things done (or have done in the past).

Just to name a few, there are certainly more..

pali, Android_808, theKit, wicket, coderus, MartinK, freemangordon, Halftux, chenliangchen, dirkvl
Being technical sometimes helps but I'm not convinced that the council must be technical. Please don't let that be the reason for turning down the nomination. I know some of those you've suggested have previously declined nominations as they say that their time is better spent on technical stuff. Maybe mine too but I decided to accept the nomination as I have some ideas which I hope can benefit the community as a whole. I will post my candidate declaration soon™.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

Last edited by wicket; 2017-05-04 at 02:43.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Hey all,

as pichlo (whereas not being a member of the current council) I need to tell that I would not be a good part of council for this time.
Which does not mean I am off but ...
(thanks for being mentioned)

Nevertheless I have absolute no objections against a longer council term.
I had already proposed earlier to prolong the term to, let's say 9-12 months, instead of "only" 6 months.
These 6 months run very fast and we need also stabilty in 'these times of dusk'. (--edit: sorry!)

And for council it also takes away time to prepare/work the election.
Please share your thoughts

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
I am fine with the suggestions from wicket and t-b.
And thank you for mention my name, however I would like to spend my time for so to say technical support.

I think I am really the wrong person for politics and organization and cannot fulfill this important position. Also I have to many other construction areas in my life which I need to get sorted first.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Indeed, the Council position does not require deep technical knowledge and is very well suitable for people who can dedicate few hours per week for community tasks.

Some technical knowledge is required from some council members but definitely not from all; that means mainly working with databases when setting up elections and maintaining upload/access rights to Maemo repositories.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
That's actually not a too bad idea. We need something to drive Dave's attention and keep him busy from the refund business...
Don't nominate me please. I don't have time join.

Hey, why don't you run for President of TMO?

I could however be in a council only responsible for the off topic section if that was requested. That's the part of TMO that is open source.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-05-04 at 20:51.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by t-b View Post
@wicket I am flattered by your nomination, but I doubt I am the best man for the job - so I have to decline unless nobody else is willing...

It might be good to have some more technical members in the council, the members that are getting things done (or have done in the past).

Just to name a few, there are certainly more..

pali, Android_808, theKit, wicket, coderus, MartinK, freemangordon, Halftux, chenliangchen, dirkvl
Thank you for nominating! It's a great honour. Council member also comes with great responsibility and I might not have enough time. Will keep support our community in other perspectives.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
I'm afraid I will not candidate for the next term. I suffer from chronic lack of time, and sometimes I just cannot work with the enthusiasm that juiceme and eekkelund have. These two certainly must - and deserve to - be in the council again.

I'm happy that wicket has accepted the nomination. I'm sure he'd (or he will) be a great "acquisition"

I'd also like to explicitly nominate peterleinchen and mosen!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
How could i turn down two nominations
Thanks, i would be honored!

I frequently have to travel on very short notice and am unavailable for days though.
But I would be more than happy to use the time i already spend here to do some more effective things.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
There's less than a week left until the nomination period ends and we're short on candidates. As far as I can tell, only mosen and myself have put ourselves forward. Any more volunteers?

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
I nominate all current members of the council plus … sicelo
I had been hoping more suitable candidates than I would come up. I am accepting the nomination. Hopefully there will be more candidates in the upcoming days.

Last edited by sicelo; 2017-05-18 at 09:14.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:

Tags
council, election