Originally Posted by dcastrog View Post
damn, i really wish nokia released a real n9 with keyboard. One strong point from the N9 is the design and this looks awfully ugly...no ofense, it is a good work, but not as beautiful as the normal N9
yeah me to ...

I'd like to report something. Apparently whenever I'm in power saving mode, the keyboard stays connected and never disconnects.

what's the status of "N955 project" ?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Does anyone know where I can print a case (as cheap as possible)?
If this works out, I will make it publicly available for everyone

I wonder, how much people would accept to pay for metal variant (including slider mechanism, etc) of project here?

/Estel

// Edit

I'm asking, as it looks super-easy to do using my CNC machine, and, if demand would be high, I could do it, using it as a way of speeding up financing N900's full body replacement project.

I.e. creating metal version of projects that you already did, guys, wouldn't take me for too longs from my main project, and, at the same time, boost finances for it.

I think, that people would also benefit much - metal slider and case should be much more durable, not to mention possibility of using thinner parts here and there (unable to be print by 3D printers, due to construction stability issues, but easy for CNC mill).
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-10-25 at 20:33.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
sjgadsby, Texrat,

Estel is not contributing anything to this discussion.
he is trying to troll the discussion based on this conviction (pun intended)
  • he can't accept that he got kicked out of Council
  • corollary of that being that the Community is being hijacked by Woody (and the rest of the Council)

to this succinct abstract of what has been going on on this thread (and most others related to Council/Community business i'm aware of) the last few months there is another troublesome point...

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I wonder, how much people would accept to pay for metal variant (including slider mechanism, etc) of project here?

/Estel

// Edit

I'm asking, as it looks super-easy to do using my CNC machine, and, if demand would be high, I could do it, using it as a way of speeding up financing N900's full body replacement project.

I.e. creating metal version of projects that you already did, guys, wouldn't take me for too longs from my main project, and, at the same time, boost finances for it.

I think, that people would also benefit much - metal slider and case should be much more durable, not to mention possibility of using thinner parts here and there (unable to be print by 3D printers, due to construction stability issues, but easy for CNC mill).
WTF does that have to do with anything?!?
  • what does using a bluetooth keyboard for the N9 have to do with N900 casing?
  • independently of his objective with that post (come to that in a moment) he obviously has no clue what he is talking about... the whole point of those hardware keyboard casings being in plastic is that you can easily fit in the N9 and that it remains in place
    that does not make any sense with metal parts...
  • is the guy actually phishing the Community to pay for his CNC device, whatever that is ?
for your information...

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Sweden
Haha, finally Estel is quiet =)

So guys. How is it going with nuu keaybord and casing?
Have been reading here for 4 hours =)
I have bought this iphone casing for some weeks ago. But this nuu keaboard and casing looks better =)
some updates and pics?
Nice work =)

Last edited by Breeze5; 2012-12-08 at 22:56. Reason: miss spelling

For anyone who has the Nuu Minikey, how is it? Does it auto reconnect? Are there any bugs?

To paraphrase a fellow user's girlfriend...

"Why'd you tape an iPhone to a Lumia?"

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Sweden
So has anybody tried the casing (http://www.sculpteo.com/en/design/nu...-n9-4/RvwLdWwH) and NUU keyboard?
Is it nice?
Instead of iPhone keyboard and a regular hard casing?
And how can we remove the VKB when writing sms and ect.?

Last edited by Breeze5; 2013-01-10 at 19:51.

Tags
nokia n955