Notices

Short description:
I need to backup all Data from my GPE calendar.

Can somone confirm that this files in /home/user/.gpe contain ALL data from the GPE calendar? Someone who uses more than just 1 calendar?

More Details (if one is interested)
I am using 6 calendars in this Pim. Those 6 Calendars were created within the GPE Calendar program.

For some unknown reason i can no longer use the calendar, so i need to backup the Data manually & reinstall GPE Calendar.

I read the folder /home/user/.gpe contains all Data.
Within this folder i can only see one single calendar file (called calendar). So i am a bit worried if this single calendar file definitly contains ALL of my 6 calendars?

I tried to open the file on my Linux mint system - yet i got no readable result.

This is only an entry to push the question #1

This is only an entry to push the question #2

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
hmmmm may be worth emailing the author off the application? looks like peeps on here, so far don't know?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 351 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Cotswolds, UK
I have just noticed this question. The answer is yes, all the GPE calendar data (for all events and all calendars) is in the ~/.gpe/calendar file. In case anyone is interested, this file is an sqlite0 database (and it can be read using sqlite0 on a Linux system).

The only data not in that file is the settings data, which is in ~/.gpe-calendar, which is a text file.

Graham

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Finland
I'd like to see GPE calendar using the same db as built-in calendar.

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
Originally Posted by Graham Cobb View Post
I have just noticed this question. The answer is yes, all the GPE calendar data (for all events and all calendars) is in the ~/.gpe/calendar file. In case anyone is interested, this file is an sqlite0 database (and it can be read using sqlite0 on a Linux system).

The only data not in that file is the settings data, which is in ~/.gpe-calendar, which is a text file.

Graham
If you use Categories you'll also want to backup the "categories" file in the same folder. I also use GPE Contacts, ToDo and Timesheet which also save their data in that folder. I run all those GPE aps on my Ubuntu Desktop with the same data files as used on the N810. If you're a GPE Calendar user you may also be interested in Erminig on the N810 to sync the Calendar with Google Calendar.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

The Following User Says Thank You to fragos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 351 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Cotswolds, UK
Originally Posted by fragos View Post
If you use Categories you'll also want to backup the "categories" file in the same folder.
Thanks, George. I forgot about the categories. I recommend backing up all the files in the .gpe directory.