Posts: 267 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
can someone please name the major/minor/noticeable differences between chinook and diablo?

Right now, I have a mmc card boot in chinook, and I don't see any reasons for upgrading. are there any?

thank you

And it is cheaper, lighter and less consuming than an x86 laptop!

I think the most noteable feature is the ability to upgrade the OS without wiping the system. Other than that I haven't heard anything that would make me jump to Diablo and make it worth re-installing all those apps I have for the 4th time in just over a year.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
This is one of those questions that have been covered a LOT. You would be well-served by searching.

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
This is one of those questions that have been covered a LOT. You would be well-served by searching.
Search what? All those diablo release threads have hundreds of post

Originally Posted by iliaden View Post
can someone please name the major/minor/noticeable differences between chinook and diablo?

Right now, I have a mmc card boot in chinook, and I don't see any reasons for upgrading. are there any?

thank you
You should ask the question in TABLET SCENE (http://www.tabletscene.com/)

Take care!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amigokin For This Useful Post:
Search what? Search for those threads, then read the hundreds of posts. If it's not worth the few minutes of reading to the one wanting to know, it's unlikely to be worth the seconds to answer to those who do know. Also, it's the sort of complicated question that will be answered better from a discussion than from a few people's synopses.

Yeah.. a question about the differences between OS upgrades isn't really something someone can just "sum up" to someone that doesn't like reading.. it's a little more complex then that..

A question like this is best served by reading those 100 posts and seeing exactly what the differences are and what they do... that will tell the OP whether to upgrade or not..

If all they wanted were highlights.. then they can get that from the changelog at nokia's website; not on a forum on itT.. but those changelog's aren't descriptive; and a summation of a changelog would be even worse.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mexico
On Diablo
Mail app works
browser is faster
no more reflashes

And everyone else: if you are not going to answer/or if you think something is too stupid to be asked, don't post, keep these "newbie" threads short and unnoticed for everyone else (more posts = more exposure) so by "censoring" questions you are actually making long unuseful threads of attacks... getting a good search is difficult now.

We should make a sticky of the other forum though...

EDIT: By the way... if you are starting a new thread on something already posted, you should'nt post

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=22633

3 hours before... c'mon

Last edited by yegaoo; 2008-08-07 at 17:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to yegaoo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Search what? Search for those threads, then read the hundreds of posts. If it's not worth the few minutes of reading to the one wanting to know, it's unlikely to be worth the seconds to answer to those who do know. Also, it's the sort of complicated question that will be answered better from a discussion than from a few people's synopses.
For people that think like you is that I'm changing my mind and I'm realizing that TABLET SCENE is a GREAT idea.

The Following User Says Thank You to amigokin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by amigokin View Post
For people that think like you is that I'm changing my mind and I'm realizing that TABLET SCENE is a GREAT idea.
Yes, let's just hope there'll be enough people there to help out and they don't hit the wall answering the same stupid stuff over and over and over.

Hi,

The attitude here by the "Senior" members in this thread are deplorable.

You don't want to provide an answer, don't provide one but do not belittle the person or give the " you need to search" reply.

Do you, in your infinite wisdom, know if the OP has or has not done a search?

Not everyone is a techie or has hours to pour over the many threads and techno speak to get a clean concise answer.

Really makes for a very intimidating and very inhospitable place for people seeking knowledge.

I had the impression that a forum such as this was here for precisely this reason.

Guess it really is for pointing out that users need to suffer with the high and mighty attitudes of those with the knowledge but unwilling to take the time to maybe go over the same information more than once.

Being a newbie here to the NIT and Linux in general, I certainly am not feeling I can ask a question and just get the answer I am looking for without the attitudes expressed above.

People skills are needed along with the tech skills you all may possess.

I see the need for the new site but it is a shame it is needed when one site is so much more convenient.

Now the flaming will commence.

Enjoy.

David

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harpgliss For This Useful Post: