Posts: 270 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Czech Republic
Hi, thanks for nitroid, but i have one probelm. My N900 is with booted droid too hot. Is it normal or I have to set something? Thx for reply.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland, Białystok
To the freezer with it :P

But yea it's normal. My n900 gets hot in the spot where SD card is.

The Following User Says Thank You to Magik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Czech Republic
Yeah freezer is good idea Does this version have any power management?

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland, Białystok
Does this version have any power management?
I don't know android system too well, but I bet there's some kind a app for this... tuning screen brightness, declocking etc.

I think e-yes said once that he will work on power management, when all the main features will be operational.

The Following User Says Thank You to Magik For This Useful Post:
i charged my N900 under Android mode, and it does work!
my method is to make N900 keep working without sleeping(or locked), and i have charged my N900 from 8% to 63% under android mode.

Originally Posted by Figa View Post
Hi, thanks for nitroid, but i have one probelm. My N900 is with booted droid too hot. Is it normal or I have to set something? Thx for reply.
Well I have noticed that if you have tons of media files on your n900, the android mode gallery takes ages to update the list from memory. So what I did was turned on gallery waited for it to stop updating (took a while), Turned of the phone for 20 mins or so, booted back to nitdroid it didn't heat up as much. Then I got the SetCPU app from the android marketplace set my max to 750 and min to 125 and now i am sweet.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Hi
When can we expect making phone calls on NitDroid?
I'm waiting for it to install Nitdroid..

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by Figa View Post
I also noticed it was hotter in Nitdroid than in Maemo and I have installed it also in the sd card.

But I have recently enabled swap in Nitdroid (also on the micro sd card) and it it's much cooler, more stable and more responsive now.

Last edited by ivgalvez; 2011-09-02 at 16:16.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I'm having issues installing NITDroid to the eMMC. I'm using the second instructions on the wiki (http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_..._EMMC#Method_2), but for some reason, I've hit a roadblock.

I've gotten to the point where I reboot and return the files to MyDocs, but when it goes to re-read the partition tables (1. root, 2. /home/user/bin/fdisk /dev/mmcblk0, 3. t. 4. 1, 5. 0c...) I get the response:
"WARNING: Re-reading the partition table failed with error 16: Device or resource busy
The kernel still uses the old table.
The new table will be used at the next reboot.
Syncing disks."

I am stumped as to what I'm doing wrong. This is a fresh eMMC and PR1.3 install with only added install being rootsh and FAM. Can anyone help me get this going??

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Mumbai
Hello e-yes

I recently upgraded my Nitdroid Auto Installer 0.0.8 to the N_12 version with the latest kernel "nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_rc4_armel". ( installed on External Memory)

I am not able to receive calls on Maemo after this update. i am able to make a call. Also note this issue is only when i am on 3g network, receiving calls is possible on 2G.

Tags
android, nitdroid