Notices

Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
Please properly support your users and community members. Allowing days to go by without even a response is embarrassing. I bet its a simple fix.
I have supported users using my programs the most I can, from forum or within emails (since my bugtracker is my email address). In Italy univerisity stopped 1week ago due to all protests happened at its beginning and I have few time to enjoy my holidays, so don't worry, when I can I'll keep updating this widget. And in case of something bad happening to me, you still have the code, so thanks to opensource you can still mantain it :P

And not, it isn't a simple fix if it happens to someone only, the worst is when it does NOT happen to me, since I can't understand what's happening.

Code:
pgrep packedmediawidget
to see if it's already running, if it is than kill it and add another istance of the widget.
Config file does not save position, it's Maemo only related settings.

Last edited by gionni88; 2011-08-03 at 07:07.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
@ kojacker: thanks, I will check it soon.

@ handaxe: sadly no, but will soon do it. Someplayer is started traditionally like a detached process, InternetRadioPlayer instead after I have added the dbus service file is starting when any dbus call to it is done.
The start button right now is only a "play" dbus call, which works only when multimedia is running in background, so after a system boot it won't work. I will "fix" it starting multimedia in case it's not running, and sending "play" if it is.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
I have supported users using my programs the most I can, from forum or within emails (since my bugtracker is my email address). In Italy univerisity stopped 1week ago due to all protests happened at its beginning and I have few time to enjoy my holidays, so don't worry, when I can I'll keep updating this widget. And in case of something bad happening to me, you still have the code, so thanks to opensource you can still mantain it :P

And not, it isn't a simple fix if it happens to someone only, the worst is when it does NOT happen to me, since I can't understand what's happening.

Code:
pgrep packedmediaplayer
to see if it's already running, if it is than kill it and add another istance of the widget.
Config file does not save position, it's Maemo only related settings.
Thanks for the reply. I've gotten a few FB messages about this widget, but can't get it to respond.

To clarify, it IS installed, but not showing in the widget list. Except for FAM, there is no evidence its installed at all. Is no one else having this issue?

I ran your command from above and it did nothing, gave no results, just a new line in Xterm.

Sorry, I gave you wrong process name, it's packedmediawidget, not player.

If result is still nothing, than launch program from command line, its path is /opt/packedmediawidget/bin/packedmediawidget

It should be already running anyway, maybe it went outside your screen. Do you have the new portrait mode hildon-desktop? I'm sure about it because something weird happens when a qt widgets does not load properly (because path is wrong or bin has no executive right), screen freezes and almost all widgets get removed by themselves.

I am using Hildon PortraitDesktop, and I saw the widget in the list a sec ago, but nothing. Rebooted, nothing still. Did the pgrep thing, nothing. Not sure how to launch from terminal, not even sure its running.

Is my issue isolated?! I had 4 people on FB mention it, but now no one knows what I'm talking about.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Why are the context buttons hidden? Shouldn't you at least provide a setting to make them visible?

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
@gioni
It's made of 8buttons, in a 2x4 grid. The ones on the right are the control ones, and the ones on the left, hidden, are used to change the player to affect or to start it.

i am only getting four buttons on the right ..where are buttons on the left ?hidden ones ? can you enlighten us a little bit about them ? how to get them shown on desktop ? thx in advance

Originally Posted by maartenmk View Post
Why are the context buttons hidden? Shouldn't you at least provide a setting to make them visible?
Because in my opinion look is better without showing those context buttons.

If you wanna see them you just had to change alpha value of ending color to something different than 0.

Originally Posted by prankster View Post
i am only getting four buttons on the right ..where are buttons on the left ?hidden ones ? can you enlighten us a little bit about them ? how to get them shown on desktop ? thx in advance
Those buttons are there. In fact when you are in desktopsettings mode you can see the border of the widget is bigger. Just tap and you will see them. When they are pressed they get filled with cyan color, to give you feedback about their clicks.
Check post above to see how to get their backgroundnot trasparent.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post: