Notices

Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Now I'm jealous. FOUR ARROW KEYS!!! You... you... So I need to load international keymap, and then I need to change every time to that if I want to be able to play. I think I will pass that game and hope that I won't run on the same problem with other games. Any finns here who have played Frogatto or someone who has only two arrow keys? I feel so poor now with my N900. It must be so much better with international keyboard. And the phone is made by a finnish company. Finns, always bowing to bigger stages and showing the backside to homeland.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Don't forger Numptyphysics. A great game, very calm and fascinating imho.

About Frogatto's key problem, I don't remember, can't you remap the keys usage somewhere in the game?

Edit: more details about Numptyphysics:

The goal is to send an object to a certain place.
It is a physics game in the mean that there is gravity, inertia, mass. levers...
So, you make a drawing (sketch type style with the stylus or the finger) and when done, it becomes an object with physical properties. The more lines you made, the more heavy it is. Then, it will begin to fall to project other objects in cascade to finally push the one you have to move. Iirc, there was a level with accelerometers use. You can also build levels.
Try it!

Last edited by ric9K; 2019-12-20 at 20:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post:
I have never remapped keys. So it should probably be done in the game system file to give exception rules for just these two arrow keys. But I don't know at all how to do it. It would probably be the best choice.

Originally Posted by Trzyzet View Post
I remember there was SCUMMVM emulator for N900.
Repo version hasn't been updated but the official site still has a build https://www.scummvm.org/frs/scummvm/...aemo_armel.deb

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Now I'm jealous. FOUR ARROW KEYS!!! You... you... So I need to load international keymap, and then I need to change every time to that if I want to be able to play. I think I will pass that game and hope that I won't run on the same problem with other games. Any finns here who have played Frogatto or someone who has only two arrow keys? I feel so poor now with my N900. It must be so much better with international keyboard. And the phone is made by a finnish company. Finns, always bowing to bigger stages and showing the backside to homeland.
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
I have never remapped keys. So it should probably be done in the game system file to give exception rules for just these two arrow keys. But I don't know at all how to do it. It would probably be the best choice.
Installing Frogatto...
...Ok

You said once you mess a lot. Do mess more!

It's much simpler than remapping into a file or something:
-Run the game
-Hit the upper right square button -> a new box appears
-Hit the bottom left button into the new box -> another new box
-Hit the arrow you want to remap, then the key you want to use to replace the arrow.
Here you are.

Uninstalling Frogatto...
IMHtaste, the most satisfying game is to [try to] script, tweak, program (level "hello world" for me), or even create dirs, links... command line is objectivly an extasy!

and Numptyphisics! Did you try it?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post:
Thank you very many. Missed that box.

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
There's loads of stuff i have played over the years, the ones i still have kicking around on my device are.
100boxes, Angry Birds, colorflood, de-lite fight2048,freecell4maemo, neverputt, papertoss, qthello,tapankaikki, thembloodyducks, unnethack and wok
Whoa, I had completely forgotten Tapan Kaikki. We played (some version of) it a lot as a children with my sister, with divided display on computer. What a great fun it was

The Following User Says Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Came to my mind that what about getting pinball on ED side. Tried to install: libc6 errror. Checked from the source page and for armel it requires the libc6 from 2.4 kernel.There ends my knowledge who to backport something in a working way. Otherwise there I could get my pinball from.

As Sicelio said
Originally Posted by sicelo View Post
and OP wants super mario type of games. well, there's super tux, and it runs well on N900
Super Tux is the same as The Original Super Mario Brothers except you are a penguin rather then a plumber. Good side scrolling action. Probably made specifically for the N900. Watch out for ice cubes and other things (octopus? I don't rememer having not played it for about a decade). It was in the standard Maemo repositories. It kept me entertained for a summer.

The Following User Says Thank You to bradvesp For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
The game i propose fits non of your described demands but still i need to recommend it being the last game i am left to still play even after years.

Nethack.

On N900 you can play locally on the precompiled Unnethack variant but it is pretty dated.
My recommendation would be to start with the vanilla version before testing any variant since development is still active (3.7 released today!) and the Wiki is most detailed.

Easiest approach is to connect to alt.org via telnet from any terminal and explore stuff from there on.

An even better curated server is hardfought.org.
They offer to play any variant and always the most updated vanilla version via ssh.

The game has the steepest learning curve you can imagine and uses most possible combination of your standard Keyboard to control.
So any Hardware Keyboard Phone is a perfect fit for mobile nethack fun.

Your character is a simple @ symbol which you steer around the random generated ascii dungeons via "hjkl" and "yubn" for diagonal steps.
Your ultimate goal is to retrieve the Amulet of Yendor from the up to 52 levels deep dungeon and escape with it to the level -5 heavenly Astral Plane.
There you offer it to your deity and thus ascend to Demigood hood, winning the Game.

Since it is was created in 1984 there are now many perfect players with awesome skills winning the game in less than two hours realtime.
But i can not imagine any human brain mastering nethack unspoiled. It is just too complex.
Playing intensly in 2017, i managed to ascend my first game after years of casually failing. Recently had my 7th ascencion only.

Why should you even start this waste of time?
For me it is continuity and simplicity.

Since any game is a waste of time anyway, why not try one where you have long lasting stats on a public server where you can see long run improvements and can pick up your save game from any machine with a terminal?
My wife had countless mini games on her phone with meaningless achievements and short term pleasure.
Every time i fail, i learn for the next game

Speaking of fail, nethack is a "Perma-Death" turn based Dungeon and Dragons themed "Rogue like" type of game.
Rogue being the name of the first game with attributes like:
You can save and restore a game anytime and like chess, you have all the time in the world to plan every single turn before you execute it.
But if you die, you are dead and the game is lost.

The saying is, most games want you to win for you to have short live fun (financial exploitation is quite easy), Nethack only wants your death.

Writing this lines i again realize how much i love nethack and if you have any question, please ask.
I am more than happy to help.

For starters here is my fleshed out config for public servers for you to copy and have some nice IBM 850 character set eyecandy and the ncurses interface with always visible inventory and last messages.
For N900 a different config might be needed but this one scales perfectly on Pro1 and 2K Laptop.

(y/z is adapted to qwertz in above config, for qwerty change OPTIONS=number_pad:-1 to 0)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post: