Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
What, that contrail does not hint on a motion enough?
That's what I figured the motion was . . .

I think I'm past the window where I can get a buzzy bee's blurry wings anymore this season. Could I be so lucky as to catch a falling leaf in a sunbeam in mid flight? We'll see . . .

All kinds of motion going on across the street where workers are coming and going to rehab a house for a TV show. Can't quite figure out how to use that.

Here's some great examples of motion depicted in still images that I can't quite figure out how to capture in a photo. I don't quite have the painter's abstract liberties . . .

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 444 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Katowice, PL
Hello, guys. I haven't participated for long time; somehow taking photos with Xperia isn't as much fun as it was with my poor old N9

This photo technically is awful (for some reason, my X. seems unable to focus in low light), but I'll share it nevertheless, for there's another form of motion (or rather movement).

The blue light comes from police cars surrounding us. The white building is cathedral in my hometown of Katowice.

XperiaX, Advanced Camera, cropped and slightly perspective corrected in Darktable.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to briest For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Honor 9 lite, default cam, no added sugar.

The motion is implemented. Lots of motion: back and forth, back and forth, up and down, up and down, and all the time waving from right to left, left to right, on a very bumpy and muddy surface.

Last moments to dig. Got on to the next level: level 16th century. A coin from 17- -. Haven't tried to check the worn coin better than that. First coin found from that era. My detector had lost the sound. Opened it and the speaker worked only if I pressed it from the middle. Made a small ball out of duck tape to press the middle when speaker in place and now it works and it muted the sound. I had thought to solder an audio controller to do that but now I don't need to.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
The motion is implemented.
Did you mean "implied", by any chance? I love the light!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I don't know which I meant, so really can't answer. If you ask me, I meant of course implemented cause I used it (without being sure what it means though). So I meant to say something which I have in mind and used the word "implemented".

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
"Pancharevo Lake in Gold", Pro1 Advanced Camera, panorama stitched in Hugin, Some shadows/highlights/colors editing and slight tone mapping in RawTherapee.

Where is the motion, you ask? There is a flying bug over the lake on the right, you'll have to zoom in to see it.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA

For other resolutions, failed candidates, bonus photos: image20201007_165213352_v2

I tried bees on flowers, but focus wouldn't lock on a moving bee. Tried snowflakes falling on autumn leaves, but flakes disappeared against the leaden sky.

But this one I shot later in the day the contest theme was announced. Intended to be a snapshot, but it's got all the elements, so it's my entry. Motion of the kids could be a little more pronounced, but they're clearly in mid-stride.

Xperia camera still busted . . . so OnePlus One, UBPorts, stock camera app. Cropped and color tweaked with digiKam editor. Rule of thirds implemented with blunt object.

Context for this year's corn maze:

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Missed the topic i guess... But my pandemic induced incoming lockdown depressive mood did not let me chose a vivid subject i guess.

I currently feel more like one of my friends empty rainy restaurant patio

Proš, Stock Camera, unedited

Edit, Wow, reading the backlog, Cool entries everyone!
Great effort robthebold! Bundyo with a magic atmosphere. Maemish in action! Just Great, Thanks all

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
The list, hopefully in time:

#1: netman

"Moving lights in autumn", Shot on F(x)tec Pro1, stock camera app, no edits.

#2: eson

"Autumn lights and slow motion... very slow", Xperia X stock photo app, no mot.. sorry, no edit.

#3: catbus

"Little differend light and motion..." - Jolla1 (resized with Gimp)

#4: Fellfrosch

"Sun was moving fast and touched all with a beautiful autumn light...", Proš, Stock camera app, cropped and sharpened with darktable.

#5: briest

"Another form of motion (or rather movement).", XperiaX, Advanced Camera, cropped and slightly perspective corrected in Darktable.

#6: Maemish

"Last moments to dig", Honor 9 lite, default cam, no added sugar.

#7: Bundyo

"Pancharevo Lake in Gold", Pro1 Advanced Camera, panorama stitched in Hugin, Some shadows/highlights/colors editing and slight tone mapping in RawTherapee.

#8: robthebold

"Corn maze stride", OnePlus One, UBPorts, stock camera app. Cropped and color tweaked with digiKam editor. Rule of thirds implemented with blunt object.

#9: mosen

"Empty rainy restaurant patio", Proš, Stock Camera, unedited.

Please choose until Sunday night, 23:59 UTC (I know November starts, but better to have 2 days for voting than one).

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
I really like the fast moving sun and vote for #4 Fellfrosch!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera phone, competition