Notices

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
And I asked my good friend if he has played nethack. He said yes, but that he played more the finnish version Spurgux. Has anyone here played that?
Yes, it is also a rogue-like.
Made in 1987 it is definitely inspired by nethack als which was made in 1984.
The theme seems to be very finnish:
SpurguX is an "adventure game based on real life, where the anti-hero progresses through city districts looking for a bottle of brandy, which is rumoured to be located on stage 50, accompanied only by a great thirst"; the player advances among the roguelike tradition from one stage to the next accumulating equipment, killing "monsters" and trying to survive. One of the most common causes of death is hangover, which occurs when the player's blood alcohol level drops too low;
lol, thats the "spirit".

The Following User Says Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
In Psycho pinball got about 35 000 000! First time got into the fishworld/aquarium or something. Have played this almost everyday here and there. So many years without one. Stopped playing about 20 years ago. Pinball. Aaah.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
In Psycho pinball got about 35 000 000! First time got into the fishworld/aquarium or something. Have played this almost everyday here and there. So many years without one. Stopped playing about 20 years ago. Pinball. Aaah.
Nice score!

Have been playing this game a lot a while back on my Pandora aiming to get the first spot in the scoring list. Did manage to do that (especially improved nudging skills), but still feel I haven't quite mastered the game yet and haven't explored all features.

The Following User Says Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I just learned which keys to use with the cup challenge. Made getting it right much easier than just hitting the P key and hoping it is that. With scandinavian qwerty the keys are IOP for the cup challenge.

And tried with the fast option plus psycho difficulty. Games end a bit sooner And if I made a right notice overclocking to 900 made the game faster. Can it be so?

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: