Originally Posted by VaZso View Post
No, but there was an excessive amount of ink there which had to be removed.
So that is the reason why i have to clean my display everyday? I thought the screen got dirty because my spit "things" when i write forums and watch p**n, same time... Oops

Sorry OT again, i'll stop now...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Yes the phone comes with a screen protector (included, not installed.) It fits nicely and all. Not a glass protector though. Actually I don't know if there is glass protectors for curved screens, and I'm too lazy to google it. But at least for starters, the one included in the package, is perfectly enough.

Last edited by Koiruus; 2019-12-04 at 20:12. Reason: clarification

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
I really wish the shutter sound on the camera worked.
You should check "Open Camera" then.
The shutter sound is a "bling" in that app.
No idea how to assign the app to the hardware shutter button tho.

Regarding screen protector there was some difficulties i had with the stock one since no instruction where supplied. Maybe if you only read about my fails you should be already in better start postion.

I ordered this one from bedifol/protectionfilms24, they have a Pro1 section even.
Delivery is tomorrow and i will post if it fits.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 580 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
No idea how to assign the app to the hardware shutter button tho.
Hmm opencamera should support those by default... My doogee phone had the (alas single-stage) camera button overridden by the software and I had first modified opencamera to make it work, then later made an xposed module to fix the behaviour so that it'd act like a camera button is supposed to. Maybe this is a bug? Or maybe it is different for two-stage buttons.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to netman For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by netman View Post
Or maybe it is different for two-stage buttons.
I can not use open camera with the hw button at all currently if that info helps.
When open camera is running and i press the hw button to shoot, the snapdragon camera opens up instead.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
I can not use open camera with the hw button at all currently if that info helps.
When open camera is running and i press the hw button to shoot, the snapdragon camera opens up instead.
Aaa something is capturing the keypress before it gets passed to opencamera i guess... Is there no option to disable/reassign it?

edit: addendum, this is what was the issue with the Doogee phone I had where com.android.server.policy.PhoneWindowManager had interceptKeyBeforeQueueing() steal the key event unless their own camera app was running. My Xposed based fix for that is here https://bitbucket.org/netman69/dooge...s/ModKeys.java (fairly sure this won't work for pro1 but maybe a similar workaround could work, although I'm hopeful an option to disable launching camera will be added in future firmware if it doesn't already exist hidden somewhere)

Last edited by netman; 2019-12-04 at 22:27.

There is an app name "Button Mapper" on Android that made it possible to assign Open Camera to the long press action.
Now Open Camera starts up, but still when it is running and long press to shoot, snapdragon cam comes up instead of taking a picture.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
There is an app name "Button Mapper" on Android that made it possible to assign Open Camera to the long press action.
Now Open Camera starts up, but still when it is running and long press to shoot, snapdragon cam comes up instead of taking a picture.
soon i will do my own investigation

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
This sounds useful and just great

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I've used External Keyboard Helper to remap keys on my Gemini to support phonetic Cyrillic (works with some downsides). One of the best features is the hardware keys tester which tests what keycode the pressed button produces - might be helpful for the camera button or other uses.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit