So for some reason my n900 has been having vibration issues.
Vibration seems very random. Sometimes it vibrates normally. Sometimes it's just a high pitch. Sometimes its a very low vibration. Now it's just not working anymore. Did the motor fail? Or? Sounds fixable?

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
I have same problem. No idea what is the problem

Originally Posted by mihapodb View Post
I have same problem. No idea what is the problem
Damn. I just hope it isn't permanent damage... It would suck to have to replace this phone so soon...\

EDIT; welp, now it isnt vibrating at all, after setting it to vibrate for an hour straight.

Last edited by LagunaCid; 2011-01-27 at 21:27.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
lack of lubrication on motor?

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
had the same problem, first it would vibrate just here and then, then later it would vibrate only if i shook the device when receiving a call.. after a while it stoped vibrating at all. so i sent the phone to repair and they replaced it with a new one. so i guess the vibration problem can't be fixed.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Dublin, Ireland
well maybe the little motor just failed...i dont know where it is on this phone, but my last phone was a Nokia 6680 and the vibrator was in a very easy place, easy to change... maybe see some disassembly videos of the N900 to see where it might be and if its easy to change or not.

I checked videos, couldn't find any obvious vibration parts...
Unfortunately I bought this second-hand, so I lack warranty priviledges, or else I'd have sent it in...

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Munich or Luxembourg
Damn, my N900 is being repaired right now because of broken USB-Port and I forgot to mention that it has this issue with the vibrator too!

mine seems a bit random too.

From what I can tell, (looking at the level 1 &2 service manual) the motor is fixed directly to the underside of the mainboard.

You can get the service manuals from: N900 Service Manuals and check it out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post: