does this mean that if I have pay as you go plan, and i simply connect to T-mobile internet, I can browse limited sites (like m.yahoo.com) for free?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by gm_w View Post
does this mean that if I have pay as you go plan, and i simply connect to T-mobile internet, I can browse limited sites (like m.yahoo.com) for free?
In practice, I think you can, but I'm not sure that is Tmobile's official policy. There are a surprising number of possibilities, but the bottom line is that everything is very inexpensive. It is SO inexpensive that you might as well invest say $20 and see how it works for you.

If i can really get on t-mobile internet for free with pay as you go plan, then why anyone would get on the sidekick plan for $1/day? Both, without using proxy, will be limited to a few sites.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Atlanta, GA
If i can really get on t-mobile internet for free with pay as you go plan, then why anyone would get on the sidekick plan for $1/day? Both, without using proxy, will be limited to a few sites.
Having done both, the sidekick plan is faster, plus free unlimited texts is nice. That said, I'm doing pay-as-you-go & TOR.

all i can say is t-mobile + n900 = pwnage
been on an unlimited us$4.99 mo t-zones for 5 yrs not gonna change!
m

Did the https trick stop working for people?

looks like tmobile blocked https and tor no longer works...

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
So use a proxy, or use Tor.

Tor just got banned