Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Is there anything wrong with swappolube?
Personal preferences and card speeds means everybodys setting maybe different.
Well if using SD swap which IMO is a good idea
I don't think you can go far wrong with slight tweaks to the "proposed" swappolube setting IMO.

I too agree wiki is the best place if compiling data like that.
Not saying there is something wrong with swappolube settings, besides they fall in WFM category. And i would like to have more scientific approach as CSSU is aimed to every n900 owner. Thus the "CSSU VM settings" should be carefully balanced based on hard values assessment. Otherwise we will go the crappatch route.

@qwazix - AFAIK the only change made by Nokia is swappiness. It looks like the value of 100 set by them is the result of paradigma "read it from swap, not from the fs". And AFAIK this is the one which plays big role in "Unable to answer the phone" reports, along with cluster size, nr_requests, etc.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
May i suggest reviving this particular thread?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Now I experienced some weird rotation-bug. I were lying in bed and writing something in MicroB. For the record, I don't have portrait-mode enabled for MicroB. While keyboard was open 100%, for sure (Keyboard was illuminated). Now I pressed ctrl backspace and the screen rotated and the taskswitcher + desktop was portrait (while keyboard was slide out). :S

Oh and Happy new year
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Now I experienced some weird rotation-bug. I were lying in bed and writing something in MicroB. For the record, I don't have portrait-mode enabled for MicroB. While keyboard was open 100%, for sure (Keyboard was illuminated). Now I pressed ctrl backspace and the screen rotated and the taskswitcher + desktop was portrait (while keyboard was slide out). :S
It may not be just testing.
I have had the desktop in portrait with the keyboard open since updating to Stable 5. Closing the keyboard goes back landscape.

After rotating the device about it fixes itself.
Only happened twice but I can never reproduce, which is annoying.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
When HAM does a core update (those which close everything and prevent you from doing everything), it closes every application, *then* check if battery is high enough. Order of these should be swapped.

apt has a localization issue regarding confirmations (in the Swedish locale at least). It outputs everything in english, but it expects input in swedish, which lead to awkaward situations (not an exact quote, but this is what happens):

Do this? [Y/n] y
Aborted.

Basically it expects me to use "j" ("ja" which is "yes" in english) instead of "y". Either confirmation output should be changed to J/n (or j/N) or "y" should be the expected answer. (A similar problem doesn't happen with no, as "no" is "nej", i.e. same letter)

Also, minor error in first post but latest release is 7, not 5.

Last edited by FIQ; 2012-12-31 at 15:26.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to FIQ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I took the advice of this thread and implimented the swap settings, no more bog to death issues. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=69973
According to user nightfire there the Nokia settings are regular linux settings optomized for a spinning disc, I dont know enough about swap access to comment beyond what he writes.
My concern and why it I believe should be a canidate for fix in CSSU is that the average Meamo user shouldnt need to install an app to keep his/her phone from rebooting when the watchdog barks just from moving large files from their flash drive, microSD, or over the network.
Perhaps if a hard solution is not implimented swap could be adjusted only if a bogged situation is detected?

Last edited by biketool; 2012-12-31 at 16:54.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FIQ View Post
When HAM does a core update (those which close everything and prevent you from doing everything), it closes every application, *then* check if battery is high enough. Order of these should be swapped.

apt has a localization issue regarding confirmations (in the Swedish locale at least). It outputs everything in english, but it expects input in swedish, which lead to awkaward situations (not an exact quote, but this is what happens):

Do this? [Y/n] y
Aborted.

Basically it expects me to use "j" ("ja" which is "yes" in english) instead of "y". Either confirmation output should be changed to J/n (or j/N) or "y" should be the expected answer. (A similar problem doesn't happen with no, as "no" is "nej", i.e. same letter)

Also, minor error in first post but latest release is 7, not 5.
it happens the same in italian locale ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enne30 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
im having strange problem, when i connect charger to phone it charges for few minutes then automatically shows "Disconnect charger from power supply to save energy" then again after few seconds it shows "Charging" and like this it go on. plz help

The Following User Says Thank You to seanmcken For This Useful Post:
Sounds like you're having the dreaded USB port breakage problem:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37107

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GameboyRMH For This Useful Post:
It could be cable breakage, not port itself.

The Following User Says Thank You to hxka For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing