Active Topics

just got an email

"MeeGo General Backend Maintenance Announcement for 10/20/2012 at 16:00 UTC

Some general maintenance activities will be taking place on the
MeeGo.com and MeeGo related sites on Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 16:00
UTC. (Saturday October, 20, 2012 09:00 PDT) for a duration of 8 hours.

During this time multiple Patching, Firmware updates, Virtual Machine
Migrations will be in progress. While the window is 8 hours long most
services will be interrupted once or twice.

-------
Adam Gretzinger
adam.r.gretzinger@intel.com
adam.gretzinger@linux.intel.com
Intel Open Source Technology Center"

=]

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Forget a out me. Why is it so quite in jolla land? Must be some articles about jolla in the local newspaper from time to time.

Can you mark it for extraction?

Is your friend at work less than 8 hours a day, close to 8 hours a day or more than 8 hours a day?

Can you provide a photo of the building they are working on. Do they have as jolla sign outside the door or do they trying to be completely hidden.

I think we need to step up our investigation to find any real information a out this shell company.

Anyone with a great voice imitation of elop. If we could call as fake elop we can could offer the a deal they can't reduce.

Time to put a plan in motion. I'll be back.

Dave,

This post made me laugh. No wonder Nokia wants to wash their hands off this website..

regards,

One and only Lumiaman

Last edited by Reggie; 2012-10-18 at 03:19.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Dave,

This post made me laugh. No wonder Nokia wants to wash their hands off this website..

regards,

One and only Lumiaman
Some are fortunate that trolls are so tolerated here.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Its TMO after all... Only here can you diss the system and still be allowed in... Thats why its known as probably the best community around

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Troll logic: "Piss into the stream, drink right back from it."
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
As long as there are no flamewars I find it amusing

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Its TMO after all... Only here can you diss the system and still be allowed in... Thats why its known as probably the best community around
It's not always dissing, we can't all just hold hands and say MeeGo was the second coming of Jesus.

We need to be critical and be able to point out it's flaws and shortcoming, so they could be then later addressed and fixed for the benefit of everyone.

But some people they know who they are, do seem like all they do is moan about trivial stuff

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
If we discussing jolla in this thread and that's what we spouse to do. Why do you post stuff about meego, trolls, i-know-better-than-you and you-speculate-and-im-not type of post.

If you don't have somthing to say about jolla its better to pm or any other member since you don't befitting the thread at all. You want it clean, but what do is you make it foggy and cloudy. You can't have both. Behave maybe?

And while we at it. What can we say as facts related to jolla? What can be backed up links? May be after the Nov 21 a real discussion can be held. But my guess is that you could continue the speculation toghter with you own thoughts. Personally a real discussion about jolla can't be held until we have devices. That when we can talk about stuff that we know for sure. Until then some of you might be better of without this thread. At least it seems that way.

You can always get some basic information on twitter.

I hope I don't heart your feelings since that was not my intention. Please no crying in this thread.

It's about jolla! Sailfish! And Marc Dillon possably. And the excellent work they are doing with Nokia's meego plattform.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-10-18 at 06:22.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Why should the rest of us suffer?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Both Marc and Jussi now appear to be better aligned in their roles moving forward:

“Marc has been in charge of the engineering and product development right from the start and the move will now maximise the delivery efficiency. At the same time, it’s elementary that we also look beyond the first launch and Jussi’s new role i.e. focusing on further developing the Sailfish strategy and the whole ecosystem will be very important for Jolla.”

I think its also better with a guy that speak more understandble(sorry, more clear) english as CEO when presenting stuff. Even though I havn't heard Mickey Dillon speak. His name sounds like he knows the language. Plus, its seems that jussi hs worked in Asia before so I think the changes is excellent.

Another thing, Its also intressting how Jolla planning to present itself. Is it a global company or is it a finish company? Will be intressting so see how they planning to present iteself when the time comes and if the time comes.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-10-18 at 09:59.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla