Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I sent off for a screen protector, but ended up throwing it away because it messed up touch response a lot.
Which screen protector did you get?

Purchased From: Amazon.com

Purchase/Arrival Date: Purchase Date - 2/21/09 Arrival Date - 2/26/09

Likes: I like the ease of use and the fact that there are more than enough apps
to download for it. the sound quality of the speakers was just what i expected...very good... the gps, when i was actually in motion, was great. i love the nice roomy touch screen too, and dispite what so many people say about the keyboard being too close to the screen making it hard to reach the buttons at the top, i typed and typed and typed with no typographical errors,(yay, big word lol), caused buy the distance between the two...the buttons are a bit flat and recessed<----- not sure i spelled that right...

Dislikes: inablity to get a gps fix when in my house. also it makes me sad to see that i cant find any type of music production apps for it... i've read a few thing about Ardour and apps like that being available but no dice...if anyone know different, please let me know...

Favorite Apps: Boxar. Gizmo. Fring. Skype. Maemo Mapper.

Purchased From: Nokia.nl
Purchase/Arrival date: Can't say for sure. 3 days between purchase and delivery
Likes: Been a big fan of the 770 for the past few years until the LCD controller blew up. I love the integrated keyboard, it makes porting apps a lot easier. The screen is a huge improvement compared to the 770 (a lot clearer).
But the biggest pre is the overal device, a small computer running linux in your pocket.

Dislikes: Unused hardware (like the PowerVR) and the limited access to the led (toy).

Favourite apps: Navit, Xterm, OpenSSH, mTasks, mCalendar, mNotes, Canola, The Maemo SDK.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rune For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Berkshire
Purchased from: ebay
Purchase/Arrival date: 15/17 March 2009
Too early to have played much with it so far.
Likes: large, clear screen, linux. Overall feel of the unit is great (I didn't manage to see one before ordering).

Dislikes: the memory slot door feels fragile and a bit clumsy.

Looking forward to playing with it more tonight.

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Barbados
It's beautiful in every way.

Seriously?
I am amazed at the sharpness and quality of the screen. Coming from a Palm TX I did not know what I was missing until now; and I am ashamed.

If the software side works out well. I think I will be very happy.

Got to change my sig.

Purchased from: Amazon
Purchase date: February 7, 2009
Arrived: March 19, 2009

Last edited by dbec10; 2009-03-21 at 04:58.

Purchased from: provantage.com
Purchase/Arrival date: 2/7 arrived 2/9 with standard shipping so that was awesome. Highly recommend this site.

Have had my n810 for about a month and a half, and it's getting better day by day. Initially the browsing was slow, and so I followed various posts on the site (Brontide's tuning post & his useful css setup). The one thing I've discovered is that my move to clone the OS onto an SD card wasn't a great idea as the performance booting off the SD card is *significantly* worse than booting off internal flash. Whereas previously it would take ~1 second for any page to load in the browser (microb webkit/gecko or tear), it's now nearly instantaneous.

* microb (webkit for kinetic, gecko for brontide's fantastic css setup)
* tear -- blazingly fast, though bookmark support could be improved
* PDF viewer (resize pdfs to 4.5" screensize)
* FBreader (.10.5 with epub integration for feedbooks rocks)
* openvpn support
* BT tethering support is fantastic
* feedcircuit

Dislikes:
* would've been better with more RAM (256+ would be ideal)

Overall an amazing device at a bargain price.

-CM