Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Alright, I've been made aware, now how do I disable it? Or does Nokia think its customer are too immature to make that decision for themselves?
One can disable the Battery Panel. I'm not using it.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
One can disable the Battery Panel. I'm not using it.
Through th UI without hacking at .desktop files and without sacrificing battery charging and level information? I don't think so.

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Through th UI without hacking at .desktop files and without sacrificing battery charging and level information? I don't think so.
You mean you want 24/7 battery applet? You can use the open source Advanced Power then.

Its easy to disable the default one In Control Panel -> Panels -> Status Bar. You can get this kind of info from /proc too. Together with Conky (or transparent background) one can craft a very informative 'Home' without needing 24/7 Status Bar aspects such as battery info.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
You mean you want 24/7 battery applet? You can use the open source Advanced Power then.
Yeah, you're completely missing my point, please go back and re-read my posts. I know the solutions, I'm not looking for answers. I'm posing as a hypothetical average user who wants to disable the message.

Last edited by GeneralAntilles; 2008-12-20 at 20:55.

Reading this thread provides the solutions it isn't easy to change the startup logo either. But, it is possible.