Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by baxyp View Post
The patched version, which is in attachment, is based on http://gitorious.org/modest/modest modest-3.4 branch. To install, copy this file to N900, become root and unpack it:
Code:
tar xzf modest-3.4.2-baxyp-1.tar.gz  -C /
This will overwrite /usr/bin/modest.launch and /usr/lib/camel-lite-1.2/camel-providers/libcamelpop3.so. Reboot your phone.
Where abouts should the file be downloaded to?
I'm using MC to copy the tar.gz to home/user but the command above just gives me a 'Cant open....no such file or directory'

Thanks

Last edited by James_Littler; 2010-07-13 at 20:34.

Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
I'm using MC to copy the tar.gz to home/user but the command above just gives me a 'Cant open....no such file or directory'
Download it to where ever you want to put it. But when you run the command you must be in the same directiry as the download.

The Following User Says Thank You to JonWW For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Porto Alegre - RS - Brazil
@baxyp

Hello. In modest, there´s some option, to allow the images download always on? I know that probably will pull more resources, but there´s nothing better than read the entire message without need to push the
image button

Best Regards,

Germano.

if somebody could patch modest even more and introduce imap-idle, that would be cool

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Pärnu, Estonia
Originally Posted by Germano View Post
@baxyp

Hello. In modest, there´s some option, to allow the images download always on? I know that probably will pull more resources, but there´s nothing better than read the entire message without need to push the
image button

Best Regards,

Germano.
Maybe somebody could do it. I'd like to help, but I do not have time.

Is there going to be a fix to allow me get to my default inbox in ONE click, not 4?

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by arkanoid View Post
Is there going to be a fix to allow me get to my default inbox in ONE click, not 4?
Takes 3 clicks. Definitely needs to be 'fixed'. Wore me down just figuring that out. After typing this, I need a nap.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
Takes 3 clicks. Definitely needs to be 'fixed'. Wore me down just figuring that out. After typing this, I need a nap.
1: launch modest
2: select service provider
3: select mailbox
4: select folder

total: 4 :-)

A big Thank you for that fix !
Dint had any "realy" bugs like the let Mails on server thing, but the incredibly slowness of the mail client was annoying.

Managed to install it, and reboot. After restart the Mail Client is incredibly fast.

Thanks allot,

Donjoe

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post

Thanks
Just in case you haven't figured this out yet and for the other newbs such as myself who are making what I'm assuming to be a very rookie error.

Once you have it in /home/user, which it sounds like you do...make sure you have 2 spaces before the "-C /" portion of the command....I kept typing one space in there when transferring the command from the screen to xterm. Once I added the 2nd space it worked just fine.

Btw-Thanks for this!!! Much faster. The only issue I have with this phone is how slow modest with so any improvement is awesome.

Last edited by Sphinx780; 2010-07-24 at 19:34. Reason: Adding the deserved thanks