Notices

Originally Posted by jlim51
1 question though - did u say it can convert quicktime MOV files - cos it seemed to try to do it - but then output them as MOV files too
Convert it then rename the .mov to .avi that seemed to work for me.

Originally Posted by Simon
Convert it then rename the .mov to .avi that seemed to work for me.
o yeah - i read about that before but forgot about it - thanks ffor reminding me

Score - it works - no sound though

next challenge wud be to be able to select the range in which to convert - ie from seconds 0 to 300 so it only converts like the first 5 mins - or whether u want it to convert from - only a suggestion

Last edited by jlim51; 2006-05-06 at 10:28.

I like watching my movies in full screen. For the videos I encode, I used 352 x 208 15fps
Video Bitrate 512
Auido Bitrate 128
High Quality Conversion (2 pass)

I don't use the 30 sec. preview or optimize for 770 full screen.

The videos are in 640x480.
I'm positive they worked with the v0.85...

Anyways... Keep up the good work!~

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
I'd like to try the OSX version, but I can't seem to download it. The message is:
"You don't have permission to access /~konttori/MediaConverter/MediaConverterOSX.zip on this server."

Thanks for checking...

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Permissions are fixed now.

Thanks a lot. I just downloaded it.

In the mean time, I have had the possibility to convert a movie from mov (mp4) to the nokia avi format using the osx version and it worked. NTSC format (24p) to high quality, half rate. 2 hours, end file about 500 MB.

The avi sound will not be heard using quick time on the mac, however. But maybe this is normal.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Innsbruck
Perhaps can anyone post some converted movie samples under software-multimedia-video-samples...

Thanks

I have had trouble with all recent versions of MediaConverter under OSX due to subtitle handling. This I believe is probably not the fault of MediaConverter, but due to some poorly encoded movies.
Would it be possible for MediaConverter to have a selection somewhere for ignore subtitles, or ignore subtitle errors.
I have been able to use the memcoder throught the command line to convert video, but that isn't much fun.
Thanks
Dave

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by daverup
I have had trouble with all recent versions of MediaConverter under OSX due to subtitle handling. This I believe is probably not the fault of MediaConverter, but due to some poorly encoded movies.
Would it be possible for MediaConverter to have a selection somewhere for ignore subtitles, or ignore subtitle errors.
I have been able to use the memcoder throught the command line to convert video, but that isn't much fun.
Thanks
Dave
i'll add a checkbox for subs tomorrow. btw:finland won eurovision!!!!!!!!! so unbelievable!!!!