Active Topics

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by alienhead View Post
Update: N900 sold out on nokiausa.com
YAY! You get out there and give Nokia your money!! That'll show Nokia for abandoning you!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
At this price we'll soon have a whole crop of new whiners comparing it to the iPhone soon

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
danramos - i've had my n900 since november. to me, it was a great deal when i paid $500 for it. getting another one now for less than $200 is a steal to me. i do not feel abandoned by nokia. what, is my machine going to stop functioning just because it's not going to receive commercially supported meego? no! and getting a bunch more n900s out to users right now only encourages tablet development at nokia. so i'm going to get a second one (if they ever get them back in stock), and i'm advising my friends to do the same. hold the ad hominem, please.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jacktanner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Connecticut, United States
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
YAY! You get out there and give Nokia your money!! That'll show Nokia for abandoning you!
Why not????

Originally Posted by jacktanner View Post
hold the ad hominem, please.
Finally... someone...

Originally Posted by jacktanner View Post
danramos - i've had my n900 since november. to me, it was a great deal when i paid $500 for it. getting another one now for less than $200 is a steal to me. i do not feel abandoned by nokia. what, is my machine going to stop functioning just because it's not going to receive commercially supported meego? no! and getting a bunch more n900s out to users right now only encourages tablet development at nokia. so i'm going to get a second one (if they ever get them back in stock), and i'm advising my friends to do the same. hold the ad hominem, please.
The whole "it doesn't suddenly stop working" thing is exaggerating. My N800 didn't suddenly stop working either, but you'll note the stagnation and lack of updates. You too shall revel it its sudden lack of stopping and instead stagnating in last year's point in time too.

Ad hominem or not, it's worth mentioning that giving them more cash promotes what they do, whether you dislike it or like it either way. Fairly said, that.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by alienhead View Post
you are still in a better position. I shelled out $650 for pre-order
It was something like 599 GBP in UK which is $940, lol

The Following User Says Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
It was something like 599 GBP in UK which is $940, lol
Wow.. you really were a burk to buy it at that price. :P

Originally Posted by gsever View Post
What's wrong with rebates? This seems like a nice offer for the new buyers.
The problem is that Nokia is not trustworthy in fulfilling those rebates. I did not receive my N900 rebate or a rebate on my N95 (despite properly filling everything in). After half a dozen phone calls, resubmissions, etc., I have still to receive anything.

I frankly just no longer trust Nokia or its partners to make good on promises.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rocketman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Wow.. you really were a burk to buy it at that price. :P
haha, I didn't. I wasn't going to buy it at all in fact when the specs were known, after following every nugget of leaked info about it on this forum. I bought a second hand one much later for £240.