Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
This might be some good news for us. Opera Software will be reselling Adobe's Flash Player 7 SDK to customers of its Opera for Devices SDK. Could we see Flash 7 on the Internet Tablet in the near future?

Links:
http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS6757894795.html
http://net9.blogspot.com/2006/09/ope...player-at.html
3pm - So good, it's illegal

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
one could only pray for it. It would made the iT 50% more useful since half the stuff I surf to has an embedded youtube or google video flashplayer.

The Following User Says Thank You to phi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Boston, Massachusetts
might I remind you that with the current processor, YouTube and the like will probably be painfully slow. Still, I guess they might optimize the thing to their best ability, and surely an upgrade would be nice whatever its ability to deliver content may be.

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
Originally Posted by oafbot
might I remind you that with the current processor, YouTube and the like will probably be painfully slow. Still, I guess they might optimize the thing to their best ability, and surely an upgrade would be nice whatever its ability to deliver content may be.
It is about time Nokia started thinking about a hardware upgrade, right? We are getting mighty close to maxing out this thing with all the awesome apps out there. Wow, has it been a year already?
3pm - So good, it's illegal

YouTube, etc. Could be plenty fast enough if optimized to use the DSP.
The DSP has circuits specifically designed for the processing of video and audio, much like SSEx etc. on PC proccessors.
It could theoretically make viewing video at least as fast as on an XScale 400Mhz based PDA.