Hi,

i have a problems with voip programs. (gizmo, google talk, skype), after few minutes of talking my N800 is losing connection with wifi, or it hanges up, or restarting.
i have the same problem when I`m watching youtube (after few clips), or downloading files (i can`t download 50mb files).
I called Nokia with this problem and they told me to try difrent hotspots, and reinstal os 2007. I`ve done that and nothing changed.
I can`t go to the shop with my warranty, because i bought my n800 in USA and now I`m in Poland.

does anyone know where is the problem ?

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
I have encountered the occasional dropped Skype call as well, but it is rare for me (probably because I use the N800 for VOIP in my own wireless network most of the time). Attribute dropped calls to the quality of the WiFi cloud you are in. Nokia is right, try different HotSpots. Make sure you have good signal strength, and avoid walking around unnecessarily when using the VOIP. These are not cell phones and are subject to dropping calls when hiccups occur in the WiFi cloud you are in (cellphones drop calls too). I occasionally lose calls when I am using my desktop computer (wired) and laptops (wired or wireless) for VOIP too. It is not purely a Nokia Internet Tablet thing. There is probably nothing wrong with your Internet Tablet, at least nothing that they can "repair" as in a defect. It is what it is, and it works quite well for me. Try to not compare it to a landline phone call. It is wireless VOIP. I am an electrical engineer and I am tickled that this stuff works at all.

When I use my N800 for VOIP (Skype, Gizmo or GoogleTALK) I try to insure I am in a strong signal area, and I avoid walking around much. Enjoy your VOIP and the Nokia IT. I'm enjoying mine.

Last edited by xxM5xx; 2007-11-13 at 06:04.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi, check this: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1636

I know that for my router i need to set it to 1000. Maybe it can help you.

Chris