Posts: 32 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2015 @ Crow's Nest, Souvereignty of Faerie Fae
Originally Posted by sunburnedpenguin View Post
Are you sure it's not possible to simply "contribute" the additional money to the same pledge? I've done this for other Indiegogo (or maybe it was Kickstarter) campaigns. @chenliangchen, we need your advice on this.
Afaik the campaign starter has to enable that (which not all of them do. Some of them are not even aware of that. Some replies were like. "You can do that only when you set up the campaign but it's too late for that now." Or. "I don't know how to do it." Some get the hang of it + change the neccessary criteria on the fly. When I placed my order on Friday morning just before going to work I couldn't choose multiple perks. EC payment should have been possible but my card number (though valid) wasn't accepted, so I used Visa instead.

I think it depends on the settings of the individual campaign as specified by the creator. So the experience may be different with just two/several projects on the very same platform. Heck, even a follow-up campaign by the same creator on the very same platform could use different settings if he/she gains more experience with it. That said I backed about 40 projects on Kickstarter, Indiegogo, Backerkit and other/individual sites.

Here I can imagine Chen not to be able to foresee why on earth one would want an extra sleeve if a cover is already included in the bundle. so why should he take that into consideration? So people manage to surprise creators anyway as they can have have a creative way of thinking sometimes. You simply cannot predict them. Life isn't like that... (use sleeve on Jolla tab I already own/order it as collector's item/use it with Aigo X86/ put Kindle Fire tablet into it - whatever...)

Last edited by indie carmayne; 2017-07-08 at 14:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indie carmayne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
And if mainline would support Raspberry Pi3 (and 2) there would be mainline kernel Nemo/SFOS.
Raspberry Pis 2 and 3 are supported by mainline Linux. Support for these devices is improving with each release.

Unfortunately I'm still waiting for a Jolla endorsed phone to get some mainline support.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

Last edited by wicket; 2017-07-08 at 15:55.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Raspberry Pis 2 and 3 are supported by mainline Linux. Support for these devices is improving with each release.

Unfortunately I'm still waiting for a Jolla endorsed phone to get some mainline support.
Yearh. It's sad that Jolla devices have to rely on a downstream kernel at a fixed version.

The Jolla/Youyota tablet has some basic mainline support due to the Atom CPU (https://twitter.com/0312birdzhang/st...69230506590208) but essential things like touch doesn't work out of the box. Would be awesome to have it improved.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
apparently andoid tends to be based on 3.18 or 4.4 LTS releases depending on the preference of of the device vendor.

is there any indication that jolla intends to move to 4.4 sometime soon?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 342 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
I wonder if the Bay Trail improvements in latest kernel 4.12 could have any impact on the tablet: http://hansdegoede.livejournal.com/18017.html

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jukk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by indie carmayne View Post
Time to party! Chen, you did it! Campaign goal reached - 50.241 US Dollars/206 backers/still 13 days to go... Yay!

And what I like most about the whole story *deep from within the bottom of my black soul* you show Jolla HOW IT'S DONE!

@Chen :
Let me ask a question as I couldn't find the answer anywhere: When exactly will the credit cards be charged? At campaign's end (July) or when the gadgets are shipping (September, if all goes well?) I only have a 500 Euro limit on my credit card so might have to fill it up in time).
My CC card has already been charged according to my bank.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JoOppen View Post
Yes the black 64GB option wasn't available at the beginning.
That's not annoying at all.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2015 @ Crow's Nest, Souvereignty of Faerie Fae
Originally Posted by ka9yhd View Post
My CC card has already been charged according to my bank.
Confirmed! Roughly the same is valid for me for me. The 3 transactions for my 3 orders have been listed but will be charged only once a month (at no interest as I'm the client of a German direct bank where you get a credit card as a means of compensation as they have no cash machines/atm's locally). Since I have an "Aktivkunde" (active customer) status with my bank I will receive a refund for the so-called "Auslandszahlungsentgelt" (abroad payments fee), probably 5,01 Euros. Now I just wait for the random refund email from Jolla...

EDIT: Maybe it's better to keep 19% Einfuhrumsatzsteuer* ready + to keep that sum available when customs claims its share.

*Einfuhrumsatzsteuer is basically an equivalent of the national VAT for imports from abroad; just another name but the same charge of 19% applies in Germany on the total of buying price AND shipping.

Last edited by indie carmayne; 2017-07-08 at 21:17. Reason: Added some info

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indie carmayne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
Dude. Man up! Go to the campaign page and request change red to black 64GB and you Will receive a black one.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
I take this as "sarcasm mode", right?

I thought when I learned about it: "It looks better in black with the black cover, doesn't it? But probably the red variant will be more sought after if i ever sell it, won't it? But then again: When have I ever sold a single piece of my hardware? Hmmmh..." Then I stumbled over the pic of the Russian Red variant again (more 4 pics merged into one). And I stated for myself: "Well well, it sure looks best in Russian Red without the cover/keyboard. I'll stick with my orders!" Problem solved...

EDIT: You should be able to change the colour (or any other detail, like shipping adress or payment information) on your Indiegogo page as long as the miggy hasn't been shipped and the price stays the same. If you want to add something or go for a higher tier you could always do so if if you pay the surplus amount. Keep in mind that the deadline for such changes is that they must be efective BEFORE SHIPPING. No changes any more if the shipment has left the warehouse!

Last edited by indie carmayne; 2017-07-08 at 21:22. Reason: typo corrected =;-)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to indie carmayne For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os