Notices

When are we going to see some expanded codecs for playing uncompressed wav files. Both Cisco and Microsoft exchange support old codecs to play "quality" audio in uncompressed format. I've seen 2 codec updates and still they don't play.

Why not use FLAC same quality smaller file size and its supported with downloadable codecs.

I have to wonder if the N900 device itself or any regular headphones are good enough to decipher quality difference between lossless and a quality lossy encoding anyways.

I have some Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro's and I cant hear a difference between a nice good AAC file and a FLAC file on the N900.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Open your eyes - the WAV codecs are here and work well on the device. I tested them when developing the prototype of my recaller widget. The problem is probably that media player / tracker / mafw is not properly configured, therefore doesn't recognize them and you can't play them back through it.
You can however easily listen to a .WAV using a simple "gst-launch playbin2" command in X-Term, e.g." gst-launch playbin2
uri=file:///path/to/your/file.wav"

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."