I got a new Nokia n810 and apparently it came with a very early version of os2008. I tried to flash it to the latest using my computer (Windows) and my internet is so slow it took 7 hours to download the update. Usually when my internet downloads that long it always corrupts the file. File Download Manager wont which I have. Is there anyway I can update it a different way? Like installing a manual flasher on the nokia and loading the image? Please help me! Any help would be appreciated.

The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:
Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
Go here: http://tabletsdev.maemo.org/
Click on "OS2008 for Nokia N810"
Grab the latest release, 2008.43-7. Use a download manager if you need to.
Run the update wizard on your Desktop and tell it where to look for the file. I'm a little fuzzy on exactly what you need to click since I've never used it. If it doesn't offer you the option to manually choose when you're on the Internet try disconnecting your computer from the Internet and re-running the update wizard.

Hope that helps.

-John

I'd probably try at a friends or possibly at work where there is a broadband connection. It only takes a few minutes with a good connection.

Originally Posted by Johnx View Post
Go here: http://tabletsdev.maemo.org/
Click on "OS2008 for Nokia N810"
Grab the latest release, 2008.43-7. Use a download manager if you need to.
Run the update wizard on your Desktop and tell it where to look for the file. I'm a little fuzzy on exactly what you need to click since I've never used it. If it doesn't offer you the option to manually choose when you're on the Internet try disconnecting your computer from the Internet and re-running the update wizard.

Hope that helps.

-John
Thank You so much!!! It worked!