Active Topics

ok heres the scenario
i used something called install tools from one of the many dual boot your n800 threads, i forget which one (it may help that when i turn on the n800 and load the flash ram os(default) i hear a voice telling me how to prenounce linux )

now i note diablo is out so i get the nokia flasher
and follow the instructions
turn off n800
plug in usb
hold down swap (little house key bottom button) while turning on

however i dont get usb mode i get the boot menu

***edit realised my topic title is misleading can a mod add a question mark to the end please******

i can go to usb recovery mode but that seems different

its driving me insane i have tried everything but i just cant get the little usb icon top right (well i could draw it on with felt tip but im not sure that will fool the nokia firmware installer lol)

please help

i have searched for ;
usb mode and boot menu
disabling boot menu
reflash from dual boot
etc etc

Last edited by mrgreaper; 2008-07-31 at 02:57. Reason: topic title needed a ? couldnt add one so asking mod to

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
It's hard to put your IT into USB mode. It happened to me too.

But here is how you do it after hooking up the USB cable and the
IT is off:

1. Push the "home" key, the bottom part not the top part!
2. Push the "power on/off" key
2. When you see the USB on the right corner of the screen, release the "home" key first. Now you should be in USB mode ready for flashing.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by nhanquy View Post
It's hard to put your IT into USB mode. It happened to me too.

But here is how you do it after hooking up the USB cable and the
IT is off:

1. Push the "home" key, the bottom part not the top part!
2. Push the "power on/off" key
2. When you see the USB on the right corner of the screen, release the "home" key first. Now you should be in USB mode ready for flashing.

Good luck!
sadly thats what i have been trying

the boot menu loads up regardles of reather i press anything

this is driving me nuts !

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Push the "home" key, the bottom part not the top part!

I used to push the top part and that would bring me to the bootmenu not to the USB mode. The key is pushing the bottom for me.
And I have no problem since.

that doesnt work for me the menu loads up by default thats how the clone tool set it up even if no key is pushed my guess is the device doesnt look for the homekey being preseed before the bootmenu and once the bootmenu is up that screws that up
if i could disable the boot menu i might be in luck but i have no idea how

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
No, I know the device looks for the homekey being pressed even with bootmenu setup, 'cause i've been able to flash diablo even with bootmenu...

again... make sure the usb cable is plugged in before you turn the tablet on... then press down the home key and hold it before turning the tablet on.

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

The Following User Says Thank You to josiahg777 For This Useful Post:
with other bootmenus i have seen when i have cloned it with other methods you have to be fast and press the menu key to get the bootmenu to apear

with this one it tells you to press menu key but then loads up any way

Trust me if it was just a case of how i push the button i would have it by now, i have tried from the bottom from the top both sides pressed in hard pressed in light pressed in hard from both sides top and bottom pressed light from top bottom both sides (its got me so frustrated im close to pressing it with my foot and seeing if it activates before making it out the window!)

I am sure i have to disable bootmenu from auto loading or i need to find out how to flash with the usb recovery menu thats in boot menu (it mentions telnet is open on port 23 but that means jack to me )

ok i followed
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...=bootmenu.conf
after learning that boot menu is controlled by bootmenu.conf

but that hasnt really changed a thing
but its interesting that it seemed to be flashing the n800 from xterminal ...can i flash diablo that waY?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by josiahg777 View Post
No, I know the device looks for the homekey being pressed even with bootmenu setup, 'cause i've been able to flash diablo even with bootmenu...

again... make sure the usb cable is plugged in before you turn the tablet on... then press down the home key and hold it before turning the tablet on.
He's right. Hell on my N800, even if I have the flasher program running, all I have to do is remove and reinsert the battery, plug in the USB cable and plug in the charger. I don't even need to press anything.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
He's right. Hell on my N800, even if I have the flasher program running, all I have to do is remove and reinsert the battery, plug in the USB cable and plug in the charger. I don't even need to press anything.
gave that a go, doesnt work for me.

ok i have to face facts i spent all night last night searching and from about midday today and i cant fix it i just dont understand it enough

what are my alternitives to flashing with a computer ?

can i use the initfs_flash thing to flash diablo onto my n800?
or is it just for reflashing parts of the os

is there an app that will reboot the n800 into usb mode for me

this usb network recovery mode inside the boot menu, can it be used to flash the n800 ?

please no more press the button like this replys, your help is appreciated trust me, but i have tried pressing the button 101 defferent ways and it is just not working for me