I work with acronyms a lot.
In os2008 is there a way to get my caps lock back?

--PK---

Just hold the Shift key for a few seconds and the CAPS LOCK will be activated.

The Following User Says Thank You to amigokin For This Useful Post:
THIS IS SO COOL!

-Thanks!

--PK---

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
i still prefer the caps lock key , i dont like having the keyboard properties pop up....not nescesary to have a key on the keyboard dedicated to that , needs to be in the menu key

Yeah, I'd much rather have CAPS back since I don't need a language key ever. I do like that I can get a - dash more easily though (but only slightly).

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Agreed. Time to see if a bug has been filed, and if so, vote...

lol, I can understand that caps lock would be missed if you're actually using it a lot. For me, caps lock is the first key I disable when I get a new computer - I make it into either ctrl or shift. It's so extremely annoying to accidentally touch it. For me, what's important is vertical bar (aka pipe), -, _, {}, ; and the like. Which just goes to show that it won't be easy to please all parties (the holding-down for two seconds to get caps lock would be the ideal solution for me, but clearly not for all people).

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
Personally I really like the new "en" feature as it's both easy to get used to and means we can quickly change and work between two languages. For me working in Europe this is a useful, along with the ability to switch the spell predictive text at the same time with the press of one button!

Assume this is the way it works now we have the ability to set-up 1st & 2nd lanaguage choices in OS2008 settings, need to double check tonight

Last edited by MikeL; 2008-01-09 at 15:56.

I fall on the side of wanting the keyboard to be standard...caps should be put back. It is hard to untrain 25 years of typing and have to fiddle around to type an uppercase word.

Or maybe we need a customized keyboard for each app. No slash button in the web browser? COME ON! That's very annoying.