Closed Thread
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
^ LoL...

And mobiledivide would that forum happen to start with a Ho and end with a Fo?

I have been a moderator there for over 4 years now. It is the Grand Daddy of enthusiasts forums with members ranging from 10 year olds with their first cell phone to Network Engineers and Company CEO's so the rules need a strict interpretation in order for the front page of the forum to be useful for all.
Our flaming thread in one of the forums is the longest running, most active thread on Howard's.

It was set up for just this sort of thing. Once another thread goes off topic with one of these squabbles the offenders are reminded by other members to take it there to sort out their "feelings"

The rules against profanity and slander still apply and for us yahoos looking for entertainment it sometimes beats TV, LoL. In other words, it gives the squabblers a place to voice their frustrations with each other without bogging down an otherwise useful thread.

Howardforums is where i got all those "Pwned" pics.

Originally Posted by rheve View Post
I thought the title of this topic was "No room for Personal Attacks". Looks like a failure.

I was completely joking with the "How old are you? 80?" because of all the talk about "How old are you? 12?" earlier in the week.

Originally Posted by fpp View Post
C'mon Karel & Tex, haven't you reread the good ole Usenet Troll FAQ I posted a while ago during the Sapporo epic ?

If you two go sulking aside for your own philosophical reasons, this dive won't be the same, and the trolls win, which is the usual (and pursued) result. Think it through.

The saddest part of this local mini-drama, IMHO, is that this thread, and the 6/11 one that created it, have been the main activity here for the past few days, and even entertaining to some, for lack of much else of interest. And *that* is not the fault of any one of us, or Reggies', or even the trolls'. It's the same empty echoes on the maemo mailing lists, and it's because not much of anything has been happening in Nokia land since the soothing promises of some months ago. Meanwhile, the rest of the world is awash with projects spanning the gap between UMPCs and the Nokia tablets : Palm Foleo, Fujitsu clamshell, VIA NanoBook, Asus Eee...

Maybe we should try to keep our crosshairs on the real problems : the big wave is coming, and we're stuck dead in the water.

Click on my name and read my messages... I posted 80+ mature messages before I HAD ENOUGH IN THE WAY I WAS BEING SPOKEN TOO. Not only was I directly being talked to negatively... Texrat would go on many other threads and spread this crap around... THIS WAS BEFORE I DID ANYTHING.

Last edited by euchreprof; 2007-06-06 at 20:34.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by euchreprof View Post
Howardforums is where i got all those "Pwned" pics.
Now that's good to know.

I see you're from Canada, eh?

Now that's good to know.

I see you're from Canada, eh?

Yup Toronto, ON... I been on Howard forums for over 2 years... posted a lot... never had 1 problem ever. What's your name on there? And which forum r u a modeator of? I might have to pay u a visit and get u fired.

PS: JOKING!!! u guys rule with an iron fist!

Last edited by euchreprof; 2007-06-06 at 21:04.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by euchreprof View Post
Yup Toronto, ON... I been on Howard forums for over 2 years... posted a lot... never had 1 problem ever. What's your name on there? And which forum r u a modeator of? I might have to pay u a visit and get u fired.

PS: JOKING!!! u guys rule with an iron fist!
No problem dude... but do you see how easy it is for someone to get info on anybody if they talk long enough?

This is what I meant in the other thread. Maybe it's best to tone down the rhetoric for now. No matter how entertaining it may be for some.

BTW, we don't rule with an iron fist we just have the manpower and intra-communication systems in place. The rules are pretty much the same in every publicly viewed, private forum.

In addition to common sense rules, the big players are now imposing their own set of standards on Admins and owners. The paltry amount that others may pay for hits is dependent on maintaining rank in search engines....
Some will drop a site in a heartbeat if they feel it is not fostering a "Family Safe" environment.

So let's give Reggie a break, eh? It ain't easy or cheap to provide a place where we all can share our enthusiasm. Finding a common dialog among people from all walks of life and through out the world is pretty freakin' amazing when you think about it.

Last edited by YoDude; 2007-06-06 at 21:59.

I have been a regular visitor to this site since I puchased my N800 earlier this year. I rarely post, but I have enjoyed reading the numerous and helpful posts conrtibuted by the members of the forum. Thus, if I get banned for saying this, it's really my loss.

euchreprof: Take a couple days off, seriously. It's clear you have plenty of free time, love attention, and have found a way to get it.

Yes, I realize you feel attacked for trying to bring information to the forum. Yes, it's clear you have strong opinions regarding other forum members. I'm sure you have a whole list of complaints, but consider it all "point taken."

The dignified, mature, intelligent thing to do at this point would be to step back and take a few deep breaths. Take a break, go outside and take a stroll. Take the wife to dinner. Relax.

I'm not saying you are right or wrong. I'm only suggesting you give yourself and everyone else here a short break. A chance to think things over. Nothing more needs to be said until the Magic Date, and then you can resume your vigorous campaign.

Trust me, nobody will forget about you if you go offline far a few days.
But they will thank you for it when you come back.

And to take my own advice, I'll log off and return in a week or so. Life is too short to do anything as *****ic as argue on the internet...

everyone should take a break. the drama surrounding the incident is about 1000 times worse than the actual incident.

No problem dude... but do you see how easy it is for someone to get info on anybody if they talk long enough?

10 years ago on a euchre website where I had 6 top scores I got a death threat from another guy in Toronto... I gave him my exact address and welcomed him to come get some anytime. I didn't care if he did come and kill me. I have no fear and no shame in the game... just don't pat yourself on the back too hard for finding out I live in Toronto though. You want my address too? lol

Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
come on guys! can we just get back to the n800,linux,iphone, you know the reason this site was meant for?? okay maybe not the i-phone

Closed Thread