Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by AndyYan View Post
For the Force Close in Setup Wizard, no it's simply a bug. Just use WinSCP on computer or FileBox or any rooted file manager you want and go delete "SetupWizard.apk" under /home/system/app/. This will simply delete Setup Wizard and a reboot will take you directly to Launcher screen. Enjoy this not-so-fluid(-but-can-be-optimized to me) ICS experience!
how you optimized ICS. Super User never worked for me in ICS. i also update it to latest version but no help. and can you tell me that did you managed to get root access and if yes then how ?

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ somerset
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
how you optimized ICS. Super User never worked for me in ICS. i also update it to latest version but no help. and can you tell me that did you managed to get root access and if yes then how ?

this is done on the maemo os after mounting /and

Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
this is done on the maemo os after mounting /and
done it the same way. i updated it to 3.07 is the latest one i think which support ics but still not giving root access.

Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
done it the same way. i updated it to 3.07 is the latest one i think which support ics but still not giving root access.
If I ever get around installing NITDroid I will root it

hello! wow long time since I got in here! Thanks a lot to Mornage I managed to get nitdroid running on my phone, sorry for going missing for so long, work and stuff.

Now, as I remembered I had to disable pin request in order to go online, the problem now is that for some reason my phone is not connecting to my cellphone provider =/ I remember I had to run some commands when I had it in the past but for some reason I can't find that anywhere now =/ any help?

Also I'm using Umay12, do you guys think I should update it to 14? thanks a lot again!

Originally Posted by HigeRoman View Post
hello! wow long time since I got in here! Thanks a lot to Mornage I managed to get nitdroid running on my phone, sorry for going missing for so long, work and stuff.

Now, as I remembered I had to disable pin request in order to go online, the problem now is that for some reason my phone is not connecting to my cellphone provider =/ I remember I had to run some commands when I had it in the past but for some reason I can't find that anywhere now =/ any help?

Also I'm using Umay12, do you guys think I should update it to 14? thanks a lot again!
N14 is not stable yet. very slow. root doesnt work. and also Nitdroid doesnt recognize internal storage in N14.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Nothing, airplane mode still....
I try everything, but always stay in airplane...

Any more suggestion?

crap...

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by |ErosizeD| View Post
Nothing, airplane mode still....
I try everything, but always stay in airplane...

Any more suggestion?

crap...
Disable sim lock in Maemo and try booting NITDroid again. If that fails, I'd try mounting your NITDroid partition to /and and untarring the archive again.

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by HigeRoman View Post

yeah, as panjgoori said above N14 is not stable and nor is it likely to be in the near future. Stick with N12 (although you can try the updated 2.3.7 version) as it's most stable.

If disabling pin lock in Maemo hasn't fixed airplane mode (I presume you have tried to disable airplane mode after pin lock was disabled) try un tarring the archive again.

If however, you have a connection to your network (can receive text messages) but no 3G, you'll just need to add the APN settings.

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

I tried the autoinstaller beta3 and it worked perfectly! Nitdroid also woked prety good. But, when I exited from nitdroid and try to boot to maemo...maemo doesn't boot. Then a dead loop and so I must reflash the phone.

any suggestions?

note: I used leafpad to change int-card to mmcblk0p2.

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid