I just got a used N810. I was playing with the browser and a small window popped up in the upper right of the screen saying updating. I figured it must be some sort of autoupdate feature for the the apps.

I then went to application manager and selected one app to install.

The updating message has been on for a long time. There is a little rotating circle and I can see that it isn't locked up, but, nothing seems to be happening.

If I try to close the application manager I get a message saying it is not responding would I like to close which I select but nothing happens.

Then I tried powering it off and turning it back on. After it was back on I continued to see the updating message and application manager acted as before.

Is this as it should be or is there something I can do to start over?

Also,

I set up my POP account on the 810 but then realized it would conflict with my email client on my computer and that accessing my email through webmail is probably a better option for the 810. I can't see how to change or delete email account.

TIA

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ mid gulf coast florida
did you flash your device when you got it?
most likely the person you got it from deleted a bunch of stuff before selling it and flashing it will make sure you are starting with a clean slate.

as for the email I would suggest setting it up as IMAP as that is better suited to multiple machines accessing the same acct.
you should be able to go to the menu in the email program then tools then accounts and delete/modify your acct settings

good luck

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
The "updating" message you see it's just the default browser that's broken (by design).
See this post
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=49800
though I'm not sure that the method described there actually works.
You could try a saner browser like tear instead.

I removed the battery and that sorted out the updating issue.

There is sort of a menu on the bottom of the email that has icons for new message, reply, delete, message/folder count, file system, sort and refresh.

I can't find where to find account settings. If I go to control panel/accounts there are none listed.

Does anyone know where the configuration files are located so I might delete them through the terminal and start over?

I can find a tear bookmark file but I can't find tear. Do you know what repository it might be in so I can add it?

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
http://wiki.maemo.org/Tear

I looked again and found tear and installed it.

I found the tools button on the keyboard and deleted the pop account. Now I am trying to forward all my email from the pop only account to gmail and trying to setup claws to get the gmail using imap. I found a setup guide and followed it but haven't quite got it working though.