I would like to see Diablo Turbo incorporated into the Community SSU. Is there anyone around who can describe:

1) How does the CSSU work?
2) Who has rights to it?

If it is possible to revive the CSSU and maacruz has a few tuits for me, I'd like to try to get DT into the CSSU.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggoebel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ggoebel View Post
I would like to see Diablo Turbo incorporated into the Community SSU.
I would love to see that too :-)

1) How does the CSSU work?
I'm not sure I understand the question, but the mechanics are described in http://hildon-app-mgr.garage.maemo.o...os-stable.html. In terms of package building, it's all done manually (there's no autobuilder for this) and the results uploaded via ssh to a temporary place from where they are imported into the repository and the uploader notified.

Anything more specific, please ask :-)

2) Who has rights to it?
In terms of uploading, I think myself, X-Fade and obviously the council, though the list may be longer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
That sounds quite easy, then.
One of my worries was the kernel packaging, because I build the package by hand, just putting together the binaries after a make, and thought we couldn't do a cssu until this were sorted (because the non-existent autobuilder). Of course, I'd prefer building the package with dpkg-buildpackage from sources, to have less chances of making a mistake, but I do not understand well how a multi-package build works (dpkg documentation is awful, isn't it?), and need for someone to explain it to me.

Anyway, I'd start by putting the following packages into CSSU (testing for now):
bluez-utils_3.28-0osso7_armel.deb
dbus_1.0.2-0osso16_armel.deb
dbus-1-utils_1.0.2-0osso16_armel.deb
libdbus-1-3_1.0.2-0osso16_armel.deb
mini-rc_0.2.11-3_all.deb
gconf2_2.16.0-1osso15_armel.deb
libgconf2-6_2.16.0-1osso15_armel.deb
This one to be pulled only by rx-44 and rx-48 (N810), as it's not needed in N800
gpsdriver-guard_1.0.0-4_all.deb
This one not to be pulled, but available as an update
bluez-utils-test_3.28-0osso7_armel.deb

Those packages are unlikely to change anymore (at least untill I put in new features), and many of them are system packages and that's forcing DT users to install osso-software-version-unlocked. Also, it's very unlikely that those packages cause any problem to current CSSU users.

What's left out are the kernel/modules packages for now.
The current kernel package needs a small change. Actually it backups the old kernel to restore it if uninstalled, but in a SSU it needs to be a simple kernel package. I'll maintain the modules backup though, so they are restored if anyone installs a kernel not in the DT series.
The modules available in extras-devel are a problem, fuse-modules from PC-Connectivity-manager in particular because they are version locked, so we'll have to ask for/make ourselves a new PC-Connectivity-manager build with modules version unlocked, and then provide the DT version of those modules as update.

P.S.: This could be a good moment to pull in those hildon UI packages that have been appearing in the cssu thread lately.

Last edited by maacruz; 2011-06-26 at 10:02.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
One of my worries was the kernel packaging, because I build the package by hand, just putting together the binaries after a make, and thought we couldn't do a cssu until this were sorted (because the non-existent autobuilder).
Yeah, we should have a source package that builds and produces the same result predictably.

Of course, I'd prefer building the package with dpkg-buildpackage from sources, to have less chances of making a mistake, but I do not understand well how a multi-package build works (dpkg documentation is awful, isn't it?), and need for someone to explain it to me.
Did you look at the kernel-diablo package? That overlays kernel-source-diablo, patches it as appropriate and builds "normal"/debug/oprofile kernel binary packages as well as headers and modules.

Anyway, I'd start by putting the following packages into CSSU (testing for now):
bluez-utils_3.28-0osso7_armel.deb
dbus_1.0.2-0osso16_armel.deb
dbus-1-utils_1.0.2-0osso16_armel.deb
libdbus-1-3_1.0.2-0osso16_armel.deb
mini-rc_0.2.11-3_all.deb
gconf2_2.16.0-1osso15_armel.deb
libgconf2-6_2.16.0-1osso15_armel.deb
Just got around to having a look, sorry for the delay. We need a little bit of tidying up, ie make sure the Maintainer: field in debian/control is updated and that there is an up-to-date debian/changelog in each package.

We also need to put the .dsc & .changes files (and any diff.gz if present) in the repository, so if you could put those up in garage after rebuilding it'd be great :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post: