Posts: 114 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Turin, Italy
Maybe we already have something like this and I simply don't know, but If it isn't so, I think this could be a good idea.
If I'm searching for a specific application everything is fine, but If I want simply search for new application I should scroll all the applications list.
Is it possibile to have a sort of applications history, to check only the newest application or the newest release of old applications?
I see there is the "Fresh" section on the page downloads.maemo.org, but it isn't really reliable.
I think it will be much more great if such feature is included directly in the applications manager on the phone, because many people out there won't see the site, but only the app manager.

What do you think about it?

Yeah it would be nice feature in App Manager. But what do you mean that "Fresh" section isn't reliable on maemo.org/downloads?

In Maemo 5 the fresh section *should* be reliable, but it definitely wasn't reliable in Maemo 5< because: in extras =! in maemo.org/downloads.

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
Yeah it would be nice feature in App Manager. But what do you mean that "Fresh" section isn't reliable on maemo.org/downloads?
For example see the following packages:
zoutube: updated 2009-11-27 15:45 UTC
PyGtkEditor: updated 2009-12-02 17:25 UTC
Leafpad: updated 2009-06-20 12:45 UTC
Sopwith: updated 2009-02-01 20:45 UTC
Of this I can see only zoutube and PyGtkEditor in the Fresh list, but for some reasons I cannot see the other two. They're update date is oldest, but I could grant that they come to Fremantle Extras AFTER zoutube. Maybe it happens because the packages are ported to Extras from Testing without any update, so they seems to be older even if they aren't.

Originally Posted by HoX View Post
For example see the following packages:
zoutube: updated 2009-11-27 15:45 UTC
PyGtkEditor: updated 2009-12-02 17:25 UTC
Leafpad: updated 2009-06-20 12:45 UTC
Sopwith: updated 2009-02-01 20:45 UTC
Of this I can see only zoutube and PyGtkEditor in the Fresh list, but for some reasons I cannot see the other two. They're update date is oldest, but I could grant that they come to Fremantle Extras AFTER zoutube. Maybe it happens because the packages are ported to Extras from Testing without any update, so they seems to be older even if they aren't.
As it happens I am the maintainer of leafpad and sopwith and they indeed haven't appeared on dowloads page as they should (still waiting). They were added to Maemo5 Extras couple of days ago.

So it is not reliable right now, but it is when everything is working as it should

I could add them there manually too...

Sorry... I didn't recognize you
So it should work correctly, but for now it doesn't... I'll wait for it then.
However it shows up to 5 applications, while I'm talking of a "complete" history

However it shows up to 5 applications, while I'm talking of a "complete" history
"Fresh" is clickable, there you see the complete history

http://maemo.org/downloads/updated/Maemo5/25

Originally Posted by mikkov
"Fresh" is clickable, there you see the complete history
As I stated before...
Maybe we already have something like this and I simply don't know
However I still think that an integration in the applications manager will be nice.

PS: where can I find the source code of Sopwith? Today I search it, but I cannot find it out... probably It was my fault... again

PS: where can I find the source code of Sopwith? Today I search it, but I cannot find it out... probably It was my fault... again
For example here: http://maemo.org/packages/source/vie...1.7.1-4maemo5/