Notices

I use Debian, u can save even with ms office extension

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
I'm guessing he means OPEN and work with. You can... install abiword and gnumeric to have support for .doc and .xls files iirc both are somewhere.
zsh|xmms2|fcron|gtar|gcoreutils

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New delhi, India
are the files in Extra repository or not cause i am not able to find them

Last edited by sam9953; 2010-06-17 at 12:13.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Openoffice is available under Easy Debian, but I believe editing office document under N900 is not a pleasent experience.

Open Office (in easy debian) works with only minor bugs, but takes a lifetime to start up.

Abiword is much quicker but buggy as hell.

Documents to go costs $20, is viewer only, but fairly stable.

KOffice / FreOffice - not sure - their both viewer only and pretty early alpha stage.

Originally Posted by sam9953 View Post
I would like to play and create some ms office files on my n900, i would like to know how i can do that and is that possible or not?
The short answer is its not very possible with the stock n900, even using free apps (Abiword).

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "how to play ms office files on n900?" with eight posts has been merged into this thread.

Ok, i need an office viewer and editor for N900, like the quick office i had on my E90.
It's been half a year now since i have my N900 (got it in december 2009), and i want to know if you guys know of any program that fit my needs.
I know the dataviz solution, but it's only a viewer, and i need to be able to create and edit word and excel files on the phone. I don't need to create powerpoint files on the phone, the power point viewer data viz provides is ok for my needs, as i only need to view power point files on the phone.

Dataviz solution is "perfect" except, it doesn't allow me to edit word and excel files.

I know there is something called k-office, but frankly, from my point of view it's a very bad imlplementation of such a program.

Only if data viz were to make edit possibile or quick office made a version for n900.

OR you guys know something i don't

I heard something about installing a port or something of an office application that is native to linux through some very complex process..
I hope you guys know more than me, and any help is very much appreciated.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
OpenOffice with Easy Debian...?

Download and use Easy Debian,which helps you to run debian apps in you maemo 5 device.When you install it I think in the menu I think they will show up many programs(4-5,but I am not quite sure),one of them is OpenOffice,which helps you to make,edit and view any kind of office documents.

Tags
abiword, application, documents, edit, edit excel, edit powerpoint, edit word, excel, fremantle, gnumeric, maemo, maemo 5, microsoft, office, office applications, open, open excel, open powerpoint, open word, openoffice, openoffice.org, powerpoint, spreadsheet, word